Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...newbie to the board here!! I have a problem that I cannot get my head around. I recently joined Bell and got a new Dual tuner PVR 9241 as well as an HD receiver 6131. The bell tech installed both using a dpp lnb and 2 lines going into the house with a separater on the pvr for the second line.
Everything works as it should. My question is this. When I go out of town (weeks at a time) i drop the pvr at my sisters house for her to use. She used to have Bell Hd but has dropped it for local cable. When hooked up to her bell system (twin lnb's, with sw44) neither receiver will not work. It says no signal, gets a few 91 channels, no 82's etc. It doesn't seem to recognize the sw44? I know the problem isn't in the setup as her older Bell pvr worked just a short while ago. Any idea what the problem is? I've done a "Check Switch" on the installation menu but still nothing. Is there a hidden menu for setup? Should I "Factory default" and then "check switch" again? What am I missing?
We hooked up her old pvr and it works (no channels obviously but at least it like the setup)
Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Firstly let me just get out of the way, that what you are doing is against the CSA that you have signed.

I would suggest running a "Check Switch" with NO cables on the rear of the Receivers, this will force the Receivers back to a Default State, then connect up to the SW44, run it again, it should now work.

On a DPP Twin LNBF, the Receivers put out 20v all of the time, when connected to Legacy LNBF's and Switch's, it uses 13v and 18v.

It is also possible, if you were really unlucky that the extra voltage can damage the Legacy equipment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts