Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Bell Install - Basement Design Oops

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Jetranger 
#1 ·
Oops. I strung 2 RG6 cables from my electrical panel/unfinished area to mt Home Theatre on the opposite corner of my basement for future TV. Brilliant, right? Not so much. I am now hooked on OTA HDTV and so I want to keep my rooftop antenna thus occupying one feed. Now I only have one left and I understand that a satellite HDPVR requires two feeds. Plus, looking at my neighbours' installations the satellite will be located on the same wall and almost directly above where my TV is in the basement.

The wall that my TV sits on is about 10" from the inside of the foundation wall. I wanted a cavity in there so I could flushmount my component cabinets. I have carefully hidden all of my cables in a cavity with runs from the ceiling to the component cabinet behind the TV. There is an opening in the wall behind the TV for the TV connections.

My understanding is that Bell tech will drill from the outside of the foundation wall then through the interior drywall and make a receptacle there. In my case I am wondering if the drill bit will reach through the foundation, plus the additional 10 inches to my drywall? I am obviously not keen on having a receptacle above my TV, so my plan would be to ask for extra cable, and fix this later by cutting out a hole (sigh), fishing the cable down into my cavity and then redoing the drywall and repairing it. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated!

See less See more
#4 ·
If the Bell TV installation is done with a DPP LNBF, then 1 RG6 can be used and a DPP Seperator used behind the 9241 to feed both Tuners. This will only be possible if you are having a maximum of 2 receivers installed, as Bell do not use the DPP44 multiswitch yet.

So you could then use 1 RG6 for the OTA and 1 for the 9241.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.