Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am just wondering if anyone can clear up something for me. I have Bell Expressvu on standard def. and my 5900 recently broke down. I need a new receiver and was wondering if I was able to buy a HD dual tuner one like a 9200 or newer and just run my standard def. programming on it. I plan to upgrade to HD in the future so if its possible might as well get the HD receiver now rather then upgrade in the future. I'm planning to replace my current SW44 switch with a DP44 so I can run the dual tuner without running 2 lines. Is this possible? Thanks.

·
Registered
510 Posts
9241 is the only current version available. It is a dual tuner, but does not have a dual mode. You can watch all the SD TV you want on any receiver.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...so just to clarify. I can just install the new HD receiver and hook it up to my standard TV? I don't have an LCD yet (which is why I have not upgraded to HD). If I do this and install the new DP44 switch I can use the dual tuner to record and watch TV in standard def. and not have to change my dish or programming? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The only thing you would have to change if you go for a Dual Tuner is adding a second line for the second Tuner but you sound like you already have this covered by using a DPP44 Switch with a DP/DPP LNBF & DPP Seperator.

You do NOT have to change the Dish (You say you have an SW44 now, so I am guessing you have both LNBF's) or programming.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts