Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a Bell store that has Bell FibeTV setup for demonstration? I am really interested even though I live in the Whitby area so it will be a while before it is available to me. Also for those that have it what is the picture quality of the HD channels? I hope better than Expressvu which I had before and found the picture overly compressed

·
Registered
144 Posts
I asked this question of Bell Fibe TV about 2 weeks ago.
Incredibly, they said that there is no Bell location where a prospective customer can view the product. Typical Bell = pathetic.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I agree that stores are lacking:

Eaton Center Bell store was totally 100% unhelpful when I was complaining about getting installation difficulties -- even for Bell Satellite TV when the install tech came and left unhelpfully without doing anything! They must be paid by commision, and weren't interested in helping. They repeatedly told me they couldn't help me & told me to call 611 (even though I repeatedly explained I didn't have a working phone line, and I asked what phone number to call). On top of it, I'm deaf, too -- one of the reasons why I walked into a store instead of trying to use a relay service to call Bell Canada.

Nontheless, I escalated things via an unusual channel and things got done, my account has been fixed up, and I now have FibeTV which I should have gotten in the first place.

The stores need to be better. Bell will need to post some procedures about making stores become more helpful because most customers would have decided to go to Rogers (in my experience, more helpful -- Rogers Plus stores are the native non-franchaised stores, including ones attached to Rogers Video, and aren't comissioned. So they are equally willing to help pre-existing customers, and customers who already ordered by someone else or by phone.

I'm technology savvy, so I kept persisting on FibeTV (which Bell told me many times I could not get even though I was squarely downtown Toronto in a newbuilt tower!), and finally got FibeTV.

·
Registered
588 Posts
some bell world stores have it on demo.. BUT its not an actual feed or anything. its just the box ( not plugged into the power) the Remote and the Fibetv/internet modem setup on a display with a tv above it showing the same video bell has posted on the fibe website and they play it on loop.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The Bell store in the Beach - (southeast corner of Queen and Lee) have Fibe TV running.
They have an Alcatel Lucent 7130 Cellpipe RG modem attached to a VIP1200 (no PVR) and them hooked to a Samsung display.
They were running on a sports channel when I was there, so it was live.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts