·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Packages

• Basic - $26
  • HD Top Bilingual - Basic + Top Bilingual Pack + 4 HD Theme Packs - $56
  • HD A La Carte 30 - Basic + Choice of 30 a la Carte + 4 HD Theme Packs - $58
  • HD Top Bilingual + Movies - Basic + Top Bilingual Pack + 4 HD Theme Packs + TMN - $69
  • HD A La Carte 30 + Movies - Basic + Choice of 30 a la Carte + 4 HD Theme Packs + TMN - $71

Package prices include $3 per month digital service fee. Existing Bell customers with phone or internet service are eligible to receive a $5 bundle discount.

Adds (Price per month)
  • TimeShifting Pack - $3
  • A La Carte 15 - $15
  • A La Carte 20 - $19
  • A La Carte 30 - $22
  • The Favourites - $5
  • Individual Channels where available - $2 per channel
  • Top Franco - $16
  • Top Anglo - $20
  • Top Bilingual - $20
  • Top Bilingual Extra - $30
  • Best of the Best - $60
  • HD Theme Packs - $5 each or 4 for $10
  • Movie Network Package - $15 per month, $13 with a package
  • Super Channel Movie Package - $15 per month, $13 with a package
  • Super Ecran - $15 per month, $13 with a package
  • International News - $3.50
  • International News 2 - $3.50
  • Playboy - $16 per month (must buy premium movie pack)
  • AOV Combo - $35 per month

Hardware
  • HD Receiver - $199 or $5 per month to rent
  • HD PVR - $499 - or $20 per month to rent

·
Registered
37 Posts
The basic package via sat is better than with Fibe even with the time shifting factored in. With Fibe not as many TV and FM stations + U.S. nets are Vermont -- gotten used to Boston TV. Not bad but not enough to make me change.

Versus cable though the time shifting option is superior but like sat a la carte offering not as wide as Videotron.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So if we signup for fibeTV, is internet included with it or is that an extra charge?

My understanding is that fibetv comes with minimum fibe6. However I am not sure if that is included in the price or is a seperate charge. From their legal disclaimer it seems like you have to pay for the internet part on top of the fibetv package you choose.

(4) Available to customers who sign up to the Bundle with Fibe Internet 6 and at least one other select service; see bell.ca/bellbundle. Monthly rate for Fibe Internet 6 is $41.95, less $5 credit for as long as you remain a Fibe TV customer, less $5 Bundle discount. Modem rental ($6.95/mo.) extra. Usage 25 GB/mo.; $2/additional GB.

(5) Available to new customers who sign up to the Bundle with Fibe TV and at least one other select service; see bell.ca/bellbundle. Includes $5 Bundle discount. Digital service fee ($3/mo. per account) extra. Requires subscription to Bell Fibe Internet 6. Activation fee ($100) applies; credited when installation appointment booked within 60 days.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Internet is extra, but mandatory to have as well. I think you can only get FIBE6 with FIBETV, but your download speed should be higher than 6Mb from what I understand (if you are not watching TV).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Getting Bell Fibe TV Installed this Friday

Hi, I'm in the Montreal area and will be getting Bell Fibe TV installed this Friday. If you have any specific questions about the service, let me know so I can ask the technician or I can answer you once I have the service.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi, I'm in the Montreal area and will be getting Bell Fibe TV installed this Friday. If you have any specific questions about the service, let me know so I can ask the technician or I can answer you once I have the service.
  • What kind of wiring will they do, and with what kind of wire? Ethernet, COAX?
  • Do they take down the old dish and take away the old satellite receiver(s)?
  • Are the new receivers billed to the account if purchased, or is there any payment due at install time?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Answers to your questions on Fibe TV

What kind of wiring will they do, and with what kind of wire? Ethernet, COAX?

The outside wiring is with copper, inside to the modem it's COAX, from the modem to the receiver it's COAX/from the modem to the Computer (if not using wi-fi) it's Ethernet and from the receiver to the TV, anything goes : Ethernet, COAX, USB, RCA cables... HDMI cables are considered incompatible with Bell Fibe TV (not reliable for consistency reasons).

Do they take down the old dish and take away the old satellite receiver(s)?

They probably do if you were renting the receiver but I didn't have a Dish to begin with.

Are the new receivers billed to the account if purchased, or is there any payment due at install time?

I'm renting all 3 receivers so I wouldn't know. I'd like to think that if I bought the receivers over the phone or online, the charge would be on the first invoice. No payments are done throught the technicians. If bought in store, I'm guessing the equipment has to be paid immediately. Can't confirm if charge could be put on first invoice. You'd have to call and ask a kiosk.

wich part of MTL you live?

Anjou is the the test market for now. Only 20 technicians available for now to install this service. Others are in training.

Thanks for the info. Great news, now I just have to hope I can get it in my new condo.

Anjou is the only area where they install Bell Fibe TV for now, hope your condo is in Anjou ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
The outside wiring is with copper, inside to the modem it's COAX, from the modem to the receiver it's COAX/from the modem to the Computer (if not using wi-fi) it's Ethernet and from the receiver to the TV, anything goes : Ethernet, COAX, USB, RCA cables... HDMI cables are considered incompatible with Bell Fibe TV (not reliable for consistency reasons).
Wait, they won't connect with HDMI? What a waste.

How are the wires run between receivers? Do they just staple COAX all over the place?
Anjou is the the test market for now. Only 20 technicians available for now to install this service. Others are in training.
Hmmm, they're just using the new fibre infrastructure that's just gone up there. Ville d'Anjou sent out a letter to the businesses in the industrial park regarding a new fibre service for Internet, phone, you name it. Are you absolutely sure it's Anjou only for FibeTV for now?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Both my PVR STB and the second HD STB are connected via HDMI cables to my tvs and I never had any problems.

There are no wires between receivers, each receiver is connected to the gateway/router and they communicate with each other using that network.

Maybe I will draw something sometime showing my installation to better explain.

But in words, from the back of my modem there is a coax connection that goes outside my house, that connection is split in 2, one goes to PVR STB and the other goes to HD STB.

All computers are either connected using wifi or through ethernet cable to back of modem.

My media center, gets it's internet connection from the back of the STB, yes it works has a port, if you feed the signal to the STB using coax, you can then use the ethernet port on the back of the unit as an internet connection for anything you have, media server/ps3/xbox or whatever.

Saves on running wires or using wifi bridges.

Also if your existing coax cabling is really good ( RG6 ), they will ask if they can tap into it or if you want them to run new cable.

I had them run new cables since I was in middle of a home Renovation and everything was easily accessible to them, plus I wanted to keep my regular cable connection alive. I have cable and fibetv, kitchen tv/dining room tv ( barely ever used them) are on cable, bedroom and lounge are on fibetv.
Otherwise just use your current coax connections and you should be fine, they will probably replace the connectors on the end only and test to make sure signal is strong.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi!

Just to make sure, so far there is no plan from Bell ( well not yet) to convert existing dish client to bell fibe.

Meaning you'll have to cancel your bell dish service and then re-open account for bell Fibe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok any news as to when Bell is going to go full steam near Montreal with this? I live in Saint-Basile-Le-Grand on the South Shore of Monteral and I can have access to Fibe 25. I am just waiting for this to switch from Videotron to Bell Fibe TV.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Form Montreal the Bell Fibe now states "Bell Fibe is currently available in select areas of Toronto and Montreal" as opposed to just Anjou. Hope and progress.

I'm in Montreal East and getting it installed on Wednesday.

Good Luck

·
Registered
264 Posts
@ainyul - Pricing details are the 1st post of this thread - look way up! :)
Channels/programming ,,,,etc are available at the bell Fibe TV web site for both Quebec and Ontario.

·
Registered
161 Posts
^thks again, i thought perhaps there were some changes and or u were able to sign up for some retention offers;

cheers!

·
Super Moderator
17,878 Posts
Special introductory purchase price

This is also on the fibetv.bell.ca site:

PVR $249.50
HD Receiver $99.50

·
Registered
384 Posts
So let me get this straight they get you lock in for both the Internet and TV and since TV is coming from the same pipe does it count against the Internet cap! And who the hell pay 41.95 for 25 GB of cap in 2010? You know that for 45$ I get 100 Gb from the same ISP right? So you pay more for TV you have to downgrade your Internet package and for what? What does the customer get out of this? Faster Internet! How are you going to use it you don't have the cap? The only way I see this product making headway is if they throw something in to sweeten the deal, like free Internet or uncapped Internet for half price! Otherwise am not interested.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts