Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the Beaches area in Toronto. In March of last year our neighbourhood was upgraded to prepare for FibeTv. Following that, FibeTV started rolling out - that is except for a little group of houses (including mine). As of today, houses and neighbourhoods surrounding our houses can receive FibeTV. Checking online at the Bell site (postal codes), I can see that we are literally a blimp on the map that can not receive the service. House across the street, north and south are eligible.

As my neighbours have had FibeTV installed, I have spoken to technicians who have said that they are not aware of any areas that should be left out - but all houses in the neighbourhood should be eligible. During the upgrade process it seems like technicians installed "black boxes" on telephone poles (including close to our house).

One of the technicians also suggested that I called Bell's Technical Solutions at 1 866 242 0008, provided the technicians employee ID and that I asked them to clarify. I have placed a couple of calls (so has one of the other residents who is not eligible) but not able to get any answer or clarifications.

I have also called a few times to Bell, both the number on their Web site, as well as what I have been told is to the FibeTv Group (1 866 635 8375) but not able to get any more than a standardized "you will receive a mailing when available..." answer.

I am extremely motivated to cancel Rogers (although this runaround from Bell is not exactly fun either) - but are not able to get any clear answer of why we were left out of the upgrade last spring. There may be 12-15 houses that were skipped.

Anyone with any insight to who I could contact to get a clear answer? It almost seems like our group of houses was forgotten.

Also, by checking Fibe Internet our postal code only comes up with Fibe16 (rest comes up with Fibe25).

I do understand that there is a roll-out process, but as mentioned the Beaches area seems to be upgraded. At least I am not able to find any postal codes in the area that are ineligible except ours.

Any input would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
166 Posts
There was a channel I reached that finally successfully got me FibeTV. I can't post a direct link due to forum rules, but google "Sympatico Direct". Bell now uses the same 'channel' to help people who has problems obtaining FibeTV. You should copy and paste your message for some of Bell's decidedly more competent Level 2 (and Level 1.5) people to read. No guarantees, but a few FibeTV subscribers (since me) have gotten further along via this support channel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts