Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using Bell Fibe TV around 10 months. I had some issues originally which were resolved quickly with a router replacement. I have 3 wireless VIP2502 receivers, one Whole Home PVR receiver and I use Bell for internet as well.

I just switched my Bell Sagem modem/router to bridge mode two days ago and connected my own Linksys E4200 router to it using an Ethernet connection. That all seems to be working properly. However, two of the wireless VIP2502 units stopped working after I did this change. The other VIP2502 and the Whole Home PVR receiver continue to function properly.

I just spent an hour on the phone with Bell and two different techs had me power cycle the units, try resetting the link, rebooting the modem, etc. Textbook troubleshooting steps which I had already done. The receivers never get past the blue Bell Fibe splash screen and the unit's lights show normally (wifi triangle green, link light green, HD light blue)

The second tech suggested I hold OK+Down Arrow+ Power for 10 seconds, then release the power button. This was supposed to reset the unit to the factory fresh shipped install. It seems to have bricked them both as I get a grey gear wheel on screen followed by a big red X and the link and HD lights are blinking intermittently on the receiver. FA-BOO.

I asked the tech if I can bring the units into a Bell retail outlet and get swapped out (as my other VIP 2502 and whole home PVR work just fine, as does my internet access) but no, now I need to take 1/2 day off work for a service call. UGH

So, do any of you know if there is some magic trick to resetting these duds back to the factory shipped image? I'm not a networking guru, but is there any dependency on the Sagem Router not being in Bridge mode? By bridge, I mean I disabled DHCP on the Sagem router. I did not connect the Fibe TV transmitter to the Linksys router - I left it plugged into the Sagem as it was. As I said, the other two receivers still work, even after power cycling them. I also rebooted the Sagem router and everything came back online again.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Sounds like you didn't enable bridge correctly.
Also , the boxes require dhcp from the Sagemcom.

You need to approach this differently.

First, turn back on dhcp on the Sagemcom.
Connect all the boxes back to the Sagemcom.
Reboot all of your devices.

Next, call Bell and get your b1 Username and password for dsl.
Next, in the Sagemcom, remove the b1 login info from only the dsl portion, not the TV side.
You can only remove the internet b1 or you will kill TV.

Next, all of your Fibe boxes will stay only connected to the Sagemcom.

Next, run a cable from any LAN port on the Sagemcom to the internet port on the linksys.
Next, connect your computers to the lan side of the linksys.
Configure the linksys to run pppoe using the b1 you got from Bell.

Be warned, if you have a connection above 25/10, bridge mode will only get you 33 Meg's down using the Sagemcom.
If this isn't what you intended, please reply back.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Just a little detail that annoys me everytime. If there are lights on the box and it displays the Fibe logo on the TV, the box is NOT bricked.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The Bell "routers" would / should convert to a "bridge" if any of the LAN ports detect a PPPoE login request from an attached "higher" wifi speed router.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wanted to update this thread as it's the first result when searching for "factory reset Bell 2502". I found this comment on an AT&T thread and it was successful for me:

"Depress and hold the POWER, OK, DOWN buttons for 10 seconds, release the POWER only the front panel lights should flash three times, release OK, DOWN. After a period of time should see 1 gear with loading bar, a load bar moving means you have connection to gateway."

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wanted to update this thread as it's the first result when searching for "factory reset Bell 2502". I found this comment on an AT&T thread and it was successful for me:

"Depress and hold the POWER, OK, DOWN buttons for 10 seconds, release the POWER only the front panel lights should flash three times, release OK, DOWN. After a period of time should see 1 gear with loading bar, a load bar moving means you have connection to gateway."

What should I do once I see the gear icon and the loading bar?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My vip2502 died out on me so I got one on Kijiji,plugged it in and synchronized with the vap2500 and got this message :
Unable to find your equipment order call 1866.......

Any suggestions other than call Bell !

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Why would u get one from Kijiji? Just call bell, they will probably give you one no cost, maybe even ship it to you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts