Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

541 - 560 of 722 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
PVR Recording Issues

Has anyone experienced problems recording series on the PVR? this started to happen after the latest update, what happens is this, lets say i choose to record a program and i want the series recorded i do all that needs to be done and save, so when i am playing it back this is what happens, lets say the show is 30 minutes long, it plays the whole show and then the beginning of the second episode is somehow recorded on whatever time is left in those 30 minutes, then when i click on watch next episode the second episode has been recoded on the second episode, does this make sense? It is really frustrating, cause i have to keep FF to get to the second episode.

·
Registered
220 Posts
yeah but like i mentioned this is screwy if you have 2 back to back episodes now they both over lap each other, so it makes no sense.. we have to be deleting the end of one show on the next episode. It works fine for a movie or a one time episode but on back to back ones its just not a good idea.

·
Super Moderator
16,563 Posts
Just press the stop button when you reach the end of the program - you don't have to watch the first 3 minutes of the next program.

The situation where you have new back to back episodes of the same program is the exception. Usually the programs are different, or the first episode is a repeat of last week's show. Most people prefer the soft padding so they don't miss any of the program.

·
Registered
384 Posts
My old friend signal lost is back tonight. I had to spend two bloody hours rebooting my hardware. I got a feeling it not local but server side because lo and behold at 10PM everything goes back to normal it almost like if somebody was either screwing with me or just turn a switch by accident.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
And the way to avoid the issue (and others) is to record/watch the Canadian instead of the American channels that are being subbed.
That seems to work but so annoying. The drop out seems to last 3-4 seconds. I don't remember this happening on Rogers.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yeah Bell Fibe is acting up... I have had the service trouble free for a fee years now and all of a sudden it is acting up, It freezes, gets pixalated, I have to reboot the whole modem to get it all working again, and now the recordings start to freeze up and then it starts again on its own, Seriously I thought they were supposed to improve their service and instead they are lacking it... I think i have been with them too long and they are just not to par as they keep saying they are. And then again they are just as expensive as Rogers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fibe TV & Internet Service Cut Out March 28 and Still Out

Hi, I've trolled around this site many times in the past to help with issues or ideas, but never registered or posted.

So I got Fibe TV and Internet in Beamsville, ON on January 17th for our new house, we were and still are the only Fibe customer in Beamsville currently, and it has worked flawlessly from Jan 17 till March 27th. Then on March 28 the services both cut out and are still out as of right now on April 23.

I've spent over 10 hours on the phone with techs, had I believe it was 4 or 5 different techs come out for 3-4.5 hrs each time and still nothing. They've replaced my equipment twice, did a complete reinstall as if I was a brand new customer twice. I kept getting told it's a issue on Bells end. My parents know someone higher up in bell but in a different department who made a internal complaint on my behave and that finally seemed to get people out who could fix the situation, but the best that could be done was get the "preview" feed on the TV restored in which it cuts out after 15 seconds once it tried to go over to the dedicated feed.

They've told me that once (if) they fix the issue and restore the services, that they'll talk about compensation for the time the service is out.

So question is, has anyone else heard/had this happen to them for this long?

And if so what should I demand as compensation for this? My TV and Internet is $150/month package. My wife and I have gotten overage charges on our cell phones for data as we have not had Wi-fi to connect too. Plus over 10 hrs of my time wasted on the phone, and having to take some time off work to make sure I'm there for the tech to show up and wait there for the tech to try and fix the issue.

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
@rwbucs

What can I saw :)
Yeah I love my Bell Fibe. Having now had Rogers,SD,BTV & Bell Fibe Bell Fibe is the best of all them. Rogers is worst of all 4(in my opion).

True Bell Fibe may have a few minor issues but nothing compared to the others, heck I take SD over Rogers if I had to choose between the two(in my opion).

True I wish Bell Fibe would add BPM:tv not sure why they don't. but hopefully they will at some pointy.

No I'm extremely happy with Bell Fine and for me its got what I want more or less and price which is cheaper for me.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I have to disagree , bell fibe is the most expensive tv service in ontario as customers are being forced to have three services in order to keep fibe tv.
They are also losing programing advantage like FX or sports to rogers .
Their fibe service and hardware is way behind bell satellite which could be improved even more like Dish Network but bell chose to ignores satellite customers.
New fibe tv remote makes me laugh every time I change channels as you need two hands to operate it because it is so long.

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
@bev fan

that's fine and your entitled to your opion.

For me I find it cheaper for what I sub to.

As an example

To get 3 ethnic channels that I get with Fibe it would cost me $35.04+taxes with Rogers.

With Bell it cost me $17.95+taxes for those same 3 channels plus I get 3 more ethnic channel for that same price I would be paying Rogers for and they don't even offer them. So I get 6 ethnic channels for $35, while with Rogers I get 3 ethnic channels for $35.

It all depends on what packages you want what services you want and so on , so price may vary from individual to individual.

As for bundling I have heard two version on bells Fibe TV requirements. One that you mentioned and one that you didn't need to get internet. As to which is actually the truth that I can't answer.

As for Bundling both Rogers & Bell both are need to get discounts on your services that you sub to to that picturler provider.

I'm not saying everyone should pick Bell Fiber over Rogers,SD or BTV or others or it has better services or prices, I can only say that for myself and not others. That's up to other to choose which services he or she wants.

As for the "technology" part that I can't comment on as I'm not that skilled in that area.

All I'm saying I personally love Bell Fibe, if others hate Bell TV or Fibe that fine with me their entitled to their views and like another provider its not my place to stop them.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
My comment was not about love or hate the fibe tv service but rather the price.
What I am upset about the most is that we are being forced to buy three services.
We as customers do not really have the choice to cancel Internet or phone service as the cost with out one service could be even higher than with three services.

I currently have bell fibe tv but once the promotion is over I will cancel as I am not interested in paying over $200 for their services especially for home phone that I do not even use.
When it comes to ethnic channels I used to buy one of them that cost me $25 plus tax , now I have service directly from Europe with 45 HD channels for $25 with PVR and cloud service , so. I have no need for bell ethnic channels at all.
I think that government should intervene and force bell to stop their unfair bundling practice and also implement a la carte service , otherwise more and more people will just cut the cord and move to other American services which do not contribute to canadian economy and may not be a good news for canadian providers that will start losing customers in greater numbers.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Well , I agree with you on one thing that bell fibe hardware is better than what rogers offers or even better than what other providers offer.
On the other hand many customers like me are disappointed with their bundling practice and lack of a la carte option.

·
Registered
650 Posts
You can unbundle, call, speak to retentions.
It's really an easy process.

I have clients in Ontario and Quebec that only have Fibetv, no issues at all.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
If I unbundle I will have to pay $15 rental for PVR and about $40 extra for unlimited Internet 25/10. I have tried but bell would not budge , need home phone to get all the discounts.
I will try again when promotion is over.

·
Registered
650 Posts
But.... why keep them for the internet?
If you're going to unbundle... there's better options out there.
Swap the phone to Anveo, swap the internet for a 3rd party provider.

Also, when I unbundled, it kept the free pvr.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Right now I pay $52.95 for Internet so it is pretty good deal for now , and if I cancel Internet then I would have to pay rental for the PVR
To have all those savings I need to have home phone that costs me now $15.95 but after a year it will go up to $29.95 and I do not even need it.
After the promotion I will try getting only tv service like I used to have with bell satellite and if it will not be possible I will look for other options like getting another provider , maybe Vmedia or cut the cord once again and just forget about tv subscriptions.

I have a friend who works for canada post and according to him bell fibe tv hardware returns are very high , I guess after promo is over many people just cancel the service and return the hardware.

·
Registered
650 Posts
More FUD, returns happen with every provider, and just to speak more of it, generally the returns are handled in house by the tech that visits your house to repair the issue.
Not a return mailer from Canada Post.

541 - 560 of 722 Posts