Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

521 - 540 of 722 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
No, I do not have ethernet cable at home :(
The coax was changed when I moved into the house 6 months prior to installing FibeTV. The cable should still be good

Thanks Nitra for all your assistance. I havent seen the issues over the last 12 hours and hope all the issues are behind me

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bell said there were definite errors happening on my line they would try and resolve. They also went back to the old firmware to allow my range extender (netgear WN3000) to operate.

It's better but still having the odd pixelation and audio drop out (1-2 secs lost). Slow access (8-10 seconds lag) to recently recorded shows.

They also suggested I get a separate router (I have a D-Link DIR 615 stored a few years now) to handle wifi throughout the house since reception was poor in the basement and second level. They said their router may be having a hard time handling all the wireless devices in the home. The Bell Hub is on the 1st floor in my office on a desk.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The "applications and games" section is sometimes needed when you need to "open" required network ports to play certain games on your PC. For example, if you want to play "Age of Empires" on your PC, you may need to configure it here to allow the data to your PC. This has nothing to do with Fibe games.
Hmmmm....wonder if this is the reason I don't see all the hundreds of servers I used to see with multiplayer Call of Duty back when I was with Videotron.
Anyway to verify this?

·
Registered
650 Posts
No. Although you still should be seeing a good number of servers.
You can test it, point the DMZ at your game machine and check.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Fibe TV Interference

Over the past day or so, I have been experiencing intermittent video breakup - pixelation, pausing etc. First time I've had reception problems for over a year of Fibe now. I was about to call support this morning when I inadvertently discovered the problem: it was from my Lazy Boy electric seat/back heater/vibrator ! Whenever the vibrator was set to high speed, the video feed would break up. Turn off the vibrator - problem goes away.

Go figure !

·
Registered
19 Posts
When viewing recorded HD shows, at the end of every episode, without fail, the sound drops out. I always miss the last 5 seconds (or so) of audio. Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
When viewing recorded HD shows, at the end of every episode, without fail, the sound drops out. I always miss the last 5 seconds (or so) of audio. Anyone else experiencing this?
That's funny. Since the 2.1 update, I've been getting dropped sound for the first few seconds at the start of the show. It automatically starts the show 1 minute early. For that one minute, the sound is fine. Exactly at the time when the show is supposed to start, the sound cuts out for a few seconds. So annoying and makes no sense.

·
Registered
165 Posts
One of my remotes which came with Fibe TV has some buttons not working well. I thought it might be a low battery and replaced them but it is still a problem. No kids in the house so it is not like the units receive abuse. Will Bell give me a free replacement? :confused:

·
Registered
342 Posts
Here's my theory on this dropout issue. With the recording starting earlier it's possible that the dropoff is when the substitution for an American program starts.

I noticed a slight dropoff when I was recording a program on a US network station that was also being shown on Global. While the switch was taking place there was a dropout.

Are you other folks experiencing this scenario too?

·
Registered
555 Posts
I added Slice to my channel lineup but it won't appear in my guide. I have to search for the program I want and do a manual record, this works, but is obviously annoying.

Any suggestions?

521 - 540 of 722 Posts