Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

501 - 520 of 722 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
@Larry

Not being to good with computers, didn't know how to get into my router.

Didn't touch or change anything as I didfn't want issues, but a few things caught my eye.

1) Network devices section? It was number 2,3,4,5,6, and sometthing else I can't recall/
I don't have 6 receivers only 4 and there not named like that?

2)Network Devices receiver map?
my receivers aren't hooked up the way it shows in the map? :confused:

It appears as these where some one else but I know they where brand new when I got them(rent to own 3 year contract)

There was tons of stuff as went thru each of the sections didn't have clue what the heck it was saying!! :rolleyes:

There was another section "Games & Something?? don't remember" It had a list where you could scroll thru tons of games? Whats that all about. I don't see anywhere on my Bell Fibe menu where you can play games?

Found the info I was looking for?

Firmware version: FAST2864_v6843A
Rescue Version:FAST2864_v7843A
Hardware Version?2864-000000-002

As for all the other stuff on that Connection Hub thing Its something off the ship they found at Roswell New Mexico to me LOL.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Don't worry about all that stuff. Oddly, I don't know where you see a "receiver" section on the router - I don't have that.

The "applications and games" section is sometimes needed when you need to "open" required network ports to play certain games on your PC. For example, if you want to play "Age of Empires" on your PC, you may need to configure it here to allow the data to your PC. This has nothing to do with Fibe games.

One area you might need to configure is the Wireless section. If you want to create guest wireless access (suppose you have friends over to your place and they want to get on your WIFI, but you don't want to give out your WIFI password, you can give them guess access and they also won't be able to access any other devices on your network).

·
Registered
31 Posts
I doubled checked and it says Network Devices.aka receivers

A for the WI-FI don't use it.

Like I said I'm not good with computers so don't really want to go into the router and start changing things I don't know real how to do.Not sure how to change or use this WI FI settings.So I just leave that area alone.

Was just curious about a lot of stuff in that router Connection Hub.Best thing to do is leave it alone and let a friend who knows what there doing with computers change things in the connection hub if I need it to be changed. Let my friend change it for me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My Fibe-supplied router says it's an Alcatel Lucent 7130, and its software dates from May, 2012. So I guess all this thread is irrelevant to my setup?

·
Registered
636 Posts
I was also having the "PVR is busy" issue last week, but since the weekend I haven't seen it once. I guess an update fixed it.

Now I just have to wait for the PVR update and I'll be happy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm not home right now, but I just heard from my wife who is. A Bell tech is at the house right now, saying all 3 of our rented PVRs need replacement. Last night, the internet died while I was watching the hockey game. My wife was watching our upstairs receiver and it died for her at the same time. I was "tape delayed" and when I caught up to live TV, I lost the signal - but only when I caught up. The signal would come back for a second or two initially but then seemed to stop completely. A modem reboot did nothing. My wife called today and over the phone, they got the internet up and running, but the receivers still weren't working. They sent a tech who arrived an hour or so ago and is now saying all 3 receivers need replacement.

This is completely unprecedented to me - I've never had 3 interrelated pieces of consumer electronics all die at the same time like this. I had one whole home PVR and 2 receivers accessing it.

Has anyone had a similar experience, or can anyone provide some insight? I'm not an engineer, but I've implemented a lot of software, so my initial thought is that something pushed to the boxes from Bell killed them - any other explanation seems too coincidental.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had issues with freezing and constant crashing, this occured after the firmware update, i also noticed that it was happening everytime my wifi extender was plugged in. they told me that it's a known issue after the update

·
Registered
62 Posts
I couldn't care less about 8 simultaneous recordings. I wouldn't like to see the ability to control the receiver from an iPhone like I used to with my 1942 on satellite, add an XBox One as a potential receiver, improve the interface to programming. Both Rogers and Bell are still back in the 1960's as far as a GUI is concerned. Really, they have to get people used to producing great interfaces to revamp TV. Actually they should get out of the programming business and stick to communications. Having them do both programming and internet delivery just isn't working. That said, Fibe TV is excellent, within the parameters of current possibilities.

Philip

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Rogers and Bell do not program the UI on their settop boxex. Rogers uses devices manufactured by Cisco (originally Scientific Atlanta) and Bell uses Motorola devices with Microsoft software. The UI for Bell Fibe is virtually the same as AT&T save some colour customization.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well if they don't supply the interface to their guides and programming then what do they do? Looking at TV through cable is like being back in the 1960's except that now you have to filter out 800 channels of junk.

What you seem to be saying is that Rogers and Bell supply the delivery, negotiate contracts for premium content and negotiate with the private Canadian networks who negotiate with foreign suppliers. Sounds like a whole lot of people doing unnecessary stuff.

Compare the interface on Netflix or iTunes to TMN. It's like night and day.

philip

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Well if they don't supply the interface to their guides and programming then what do they do?
Well mostly installing and maintaining the distribution network to deliver the service to your home. They enter license agreements with content providers. They also "integrate" the various components from various suppliers to provide a total service package. And of course they bill you.

The model is still mainly broadcast channels where you are delivered content on channels. This is vastly different than the emerging and likely to become ubiquitous model of providing a catalog of content that you can view when and how you wish (YouTube, Netflix, etc.).

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have also been having ongoing issues. Pixelation, sound break up and PVR disconnection. How long should I be patient before contacting Bell. I won't wait too long since my TV bill tops out at over $120/mo....

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am having the same issues. TV disconnecting, PVR freezig, pixelization. Bell so far has reset the port, changed out my modem and the same problem persists.

Dont want to but Rogers seems to be a more stabile option

·
Registered
650 Posts
This issue you guys are having, can you go into details about it please?

No I do not work for Bell, but if we're to help you troubleshoot the issue, it would be helpful to have as much information as possible.

Does this issue happen on the PVR itself or is this just the remotes?
Did the tech run new coax to the PVR/Remote boxes or was the job done using existing?
Do you have any additional networking equipment on the lan? (Switch, router, extender etc)
What are the models of the boxes involved?
Are any of them wireless?

There is a normal pixelization issue that a lot of people see from time to time, it will generally happen 8-12 seconds after you change a channel, it will be brief and doesn't always happen. Again, it's fairly normal to see this from time to time, it's caused when the boxes join the multicast stream and that stream is slightly out of sync.
Not everyone sees it, and those that do may not see it often.

·
Registered
70 Posts
All receivers are affected. I have the 2262/2202 receivers and the black modem/hub. The receivers are not wireless
The tech used the existing coax. I have had the service for just over 1 year. The service was perfect until a couple of weeks ago.

Bell repair states that they see errors, however the technician does not see anything in the jwi box or my home. Bell is suggesting having another tech investigate and perhaps change the port

·
Registered
650 Posts
Sounds like it's a problem with the remote, or something causing issues internally.

Do you have some extra Ethernet cables laying around?
If so, unplug the coax from the PVR, run an Ethernet line directly to it from the Sagemcom, also unplug anything extra plugged into the Sagemcom.
If you still have the issue directly, it's either the Router/Modem or something external.
I had a client earlier this year that had some very odd symptoms, turns out his wife had moved a dresser, she pushed it against the older reused coax cable in the bedroom, caused issues with every receiver in the house.

501 - 520 of 722 Posts