Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering...

I know Fibe TV is amazing (and i love it). I know it's using the Mediaroom technology from Microsoft. And we're still waiting the 2.0 version of it.

But is there a way (yet) to:

• Use the remote PVR like the app on the iPad or iPhone ? Bell have those apps, but so far i think it's working only for the BEV TV... Anyone did try or got it working ? or know if Bell will add it soon ?
  • Mediaroom 2.0 will give the possibility to stream your recorded shows or tv on mobile devices... but anyone is doing it now ? or have other trick to do it ?
  • Is Sling box compatible with Fibe TV ?

Can't wait to be able to stream the PVR or live TV on my iPhone and iPad.

·
Super Moderator
17,220 Posts
I've been told in general that upgrading to Mediaroom 2.0 is a very major task at the head-end. I don't know what Bell's infrastructure is like, but they were running Mediaroom 1.6 for quite a while as "Bell Entertainment Services", so I assume that will apply to them as well. Bell, Telus, MTS and AT&T, which have been on Mediaroom for quite a while are still on 1.6. Sasktel, which is just launching Mediaroom, appears to be using 2.0, although they haven't implemented any of the advanced features yet.

Telus has written apps to allow remote access to the recording schedule on Mediaroom 1.6 for iPhone and web access. I don't know if Bell plans to do the same or is working on 2.0.

The only mobile device platform Microsoft has announced support for streaming TV is Windows Phone 7 in Mediaroom 2.0.

Slingbox works with Mediaroom 1.6, but if you stream TV using your data plan, you'll use a lot of data very quickly.
The Slingbox works very well, especially with the great upstream speed >8Mb. Choose the AT&T Motorola boxes 1200 or 1216.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bell Fibe TV + Sling box HD Pro ???

I was wondering (since we're waiting for Mediaroom 2.0)...

Is Fibe TV compatible with Slingbox ??? The iPad app was just release and could be a nice way to watch tv and also watch what on the pvr....

Any idea ? comments ??

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fibe TV + Moblie devices + Slingbox

Any words on Bell, if they will ever offer the possibilities to edit our recording on Fibe TV with the iPhone or iPad ?

Telus have this option for a bit long time... and in the US, most companies does too. Bell have that option only for Bell TV (Satellite tv).

About Slingbox ???
Anyone who got it on Fibe TV ? How does it work ? any trouble ? I'm totally thinking about it and of course... I'm still wondering if it's working very well. Any comments ? Should buy or not ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Any words on Bell, if they will ever offer the possibilities to edit our recording on Fibe TV with the iPhone or iPad ?
It use to exist for mobile devices. Perhaps it will again after 2.0

About Slingbox ???
Anyone who got it on Fibe TV ? How does it work ? any trouble ? I'm totally thinking about it and of course... I'm still wondering if it's working very well. Any comments ? Should buy or not ?
Sling box works fine on FibeTV

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@DoubleC
You have it ??? with fibe ? Which model did you pick ? and in the sling media software, which PVR did you pick ?

Any feature who's not working ok ?
Thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
I've been using Slingbox with Fibe TV since last fall. I've got the iPad app and the Blackberry app. Everything works fine. The iPad app is particularly powerful. I love it. No issues.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally bought a Slingbox and the iPad app. And yes trying to get use to it and to find all tricks about it :)

I know you need to leave the Bell receiver on... but this am, i did notice, it was off and when i did use the iPad app, i was stuck on the Bell "Please click on Select" screen. And the iPad app, doesnt have a select button, like the remote.

So far i did find navigating thru the PVR (and all my recording) is not that smooth yet. I guess i still need to get used to all options etc.

Any tricks to share ?

·
Registered
161 Posts
OK, need the expertise of the forum members;

can we make changes to channel selection online, iphone or ipad..?

can we programme PVR via iOS? (d/l Bell app on itunes but its only for sat TV)

can anyone share how they connected tehir sling; i have apple tv, sling, blueRay, WD (which i dont thinhk i need if usb on bell receiver is active))

Thnaks, Merci Bcp!

·
Registered
161 Posts
hello, installed the slingbox HD but cannot get the remote working, can anyone please share the config they used to get the singbox enabled remote working;

i do NOT find the codes for the FIBE PVR; thx.

·
Super Moderator
17,220 Posts
@ainyul, have you tried the AT&T U-verse setup as recommended in all of the posts above? (AT&T also use Mediaroom)

·
Registered
161 Posts
thks for the info;

EDIT: ok, saw it..:remote found but only sound is active; not the channel up/down or anything else
i placed the IR reader on the far right of PVR and far left as well, where is the IR reader on the 1200?

EDIT2: OK; the ideal position for the SLING HD IR Reader is as follows (SOURCE: forums.orb.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11280

IRblaster transmitter needs to be positioned as shown about 0.4" to
the left of the "record" location (level with the internal LEDs), so the
media center can change the STB channels automatically.
Make sure you point the transmitter at the internal receiver.

thks to all for your help!

Q: what zip code should we put for the prog guide (since we r configuring ATT)? what provider & lineup?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Remote PVR Functionality and Bell Fibe

Has anyone had luck connecting to their Fibe PVR using remote PVR

They claim it's compatible but I just can't connect once it goes over to the sling.com address.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Here is what they say on their site

Remote PVR lets you program and manage your shows online from anywhere using your computer or mobile phone.

This feature is compatible with Bell Fibe TV receiver models VIP1216 and VIP 1232 as well as Bell Satellite TV HD PVR models 9241 and 9242.

*Mobile phone capability is not currently available with Fibe TV.
Are you trying to connect from your computer or mobile device?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts