Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i have been having issues with Bell Fibe TV.

My issue is that i get a blue screen signal lost, then you change the channel and the live tv comes back for 8 seconds and then blue screen again lost signal.

Also some of my recordings are not complete and seem to be frozen at the 5 second mark and it just does not play at all with a black screen. This seems to be related to a lost signal during a scheduled recording.

I have spoken with many techs and most have no clue how to fix it. Some have been helpful and seem to think it is a multi casting issue mixed with a rogue device connecting to my network and jumping the fence into the TV band and crashing the modem. Was suggested to get a 3rd party router to avoid any rogue device from jumping the fence into the TV band.

I have a hard wired PVR, a hard wired VAP, and a wireless top box connected wirelessly to the VAP and my Router Hard wired.

Bell HUB 3000 Wifi is disabled, and MAC address for the router added. Also have reserved the IP for the router within Hub 3000.

Has anyone seen this issue as i've been told its not common.

I see that the VAP has a static IP written on it which is not the same as the HUB 3000 so i am assuming it connects to it with some internal programming.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
311 Posts
Reminds me of an issue I had a year ago - added a third-party router to improve the wi-fi and started getting issues with TV. Used "Bell Canada Direct" forum to troubleshoot and took their advice - took the router back out and the issues disappeared. Perhaps an issue with conflicts between the two routers but did not troubleshoot further.
Try removing the add-in router and see if issue disappears? If so, then you can start reviewing conflicts with NAT addressing etc. Or post on "Bell Canada Direct"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the same issue before and after Router installation.

Only reason i bought a router was because a Bell tech recommended it and it seems it did not change a thing.

Ill post in the DSLreports thanks.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
if u want better "wifi" then you don't really need another router, you already have a router, most people need better WIFI which can be accomplished by an Access Point or Wifi Pod Extenders. Try disconnecting your router and see if the problem resolves

1 - 4 of 4 Posts