Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure why but I decided to check and see if the Bell Fibe TV App works with BellMTS yet. Working fine for me. Nice to have the option to watch my TV packages on the go now. Even works to show up on my Google Nest Hub.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Really great to hear they finally got Fibe TV app. I say too little too late, finally switched my services to Shaw in March. I only been asking them for past 4 years. Enjoy the app, it really is cool to be able to watch shows from anywhere!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
For me this app is useless and I only watch anything on my tv, have no idea why anyone would try to watch something on a 6 inch screen.

·
Registered
474 Posts
For me it’s nice if I am away from home for a few days I can watch the recordings on my devices vs the tv. Also not everyone has 1 tv per person in their homes so sometimes household members want to watch their own shows. These are a few examples of where it could be useful.

·
Registered
96 Posts
For me it’s nice if I am away from home for a few days I can watch the recordings on my devices vs the tv. Also not everyone has 1 tv per person in their homes so sometimes household members want to watch their own shows. These are a few examples of where it could be useful.
Your right, but neither applies for me. In any case I would wait until I got home to watch unless it was a hockey game maybe.

·
Super Moderator
18,103 Posts
It looks like they're still working on adding features. I tried it a couple of weeks ago on my Android phone and it didn't have an MTS MyAccount login, it just recognized your Bell MTS Wi-Fi connection, Now it has MyAccount, which allows you to login away from home.

I'm not sure which devices are currently supported. I was looking at the Bell site and accidently found the following link which recognizes my MTS account. Useful for those that want to use a PC. Bell MTS will probably announce something once they finish working on it.

tv.bell.ca

Really great to hear they finally got Fibe TV app. I say too little too late, finally switched my services to Shaw in March.
Time to update your signature "Currently with MTS(All services TV,Internet, Home phone and Cell phone)" ;)

·
Registered
345 Posts
For me this app is useless and I only watch anything on my tv, have no idea why anyone would try to watch something on a 6 inch screen.
I watch through the app on a 65" screen. It's also handy to set up recordings while away from home such as at work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is of use for me as with my work I spend time at hotels, I can now bring my Google TV with me and have access to all my subscribed shows on the TV at the hotel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One thing I noticed is no Sportsnet channels, even though I'm subscribed to most of them. Also, no 5.1 for me.

·
Registered
474 Posts
@dr.dave you are right, I made that signature probably back in 2013. I am trying to figure out how to update on my phone but I am not so sure I have the password to login on my laptop. I will give it a try :)

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
makes sense to have 1 app that covers bell customers, bell aliant and as well bell mts customers instead of having 3 separate apps.

was only matter of time before such functionality was incorporated

1 - 14 of 14 Posts