Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this message to help people that might have the same problem my neighbour had. I helped her fix a problem she was having with a Sharp Aquos 37 and the bell receiver.

Basically, what happened was that the receiver wouldn't respond to the remote. People from the tech support dept. from Bell tried to change the IR channel but that didn't work since the receiver wasn't responding to the remote. So it really made things worse.

The fix was turning the OPC (Optical Picture Control) off. You have to press menu and it'll be there somewhere where the picture settings are.

Now my neighbour (she's in her 60's) uses the coaxial connection to connect to the TV. I'm not sure if this type of interference happens with the composite or S-Video connections. I haven't been able to troubleshoot this since as soon as we fixed the problem, she just wanted to leave things as they were, as you can imagine.

The issue was pointed out by a person from Bell. She was not from the support department, funnily enough. Somehow she had this same problem with some other ExpressVU client a day before.

Hope this helps someone since this doesn't seem to be documented anywhere and the people from Bell have no clue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Generally it is not the TV that interferes with the remote, go through your equipment you have in the area and unplug them one at a time until the remote works. It seems to almost always be the DVD player. Otherwise the remote may be on the wrong address.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Generally it is a known problem with LCD TV's as noted by scrooloose.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Closing thread as it is just duplication of stuff already covered in the provided link.

Generally it is not the TV that interferes with the remote, go through your equipment you have in the area and unplug them one at a time until the remote works. It seems to almost always be the DVD player. Otherwise the remote may be on the wrong address.
99% of the time this issue is caused by the backlight/auto-brightness function in most LCD TV's, the Aquos in particular.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.