Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3100 receiver suddenly stopped working recently and does not power on. I was told that the problem might be a blown fuse but it turns out the box is toast. Can I purchase the same type of receiver, insert the existing SmartCard and expect service to be restored? Or is there more to it than that? I am trying to get this issue resolved ASAP with minimal to no involvement from Bell because, quite frankly, I am disillusioned with their customer service and tech support. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The Smart Card you have will only work in that receiver. If you get another receiver it will require its' own Smart Card.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Here's the situation, I had an ExpressVu subscription (satellite and 2 receivers), which I cancelled. After it was cancelled by Bell, the cards/receivers continued to work as they normally would for a couple of years. What is required for me to restore the signal on the TV that was connected to the now broken receiver? FYI, the other receiver still emits a working signal to the other TV. Please advise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1) cancelled service with Bell
2) service continues to work despite being cancelled
3) one receiver no longer works but still have another active receiver
4) if I buy another receiver and card, will it automatically work?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
1. OK
2. Keep quiet.
3. OK
4. No.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts