Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The memo

Attachments

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
This appears to only apply to upcoming turbo sticks/hubs that essentially bond 2 cellular connections together (giving you up to 42mbps bandwidth instead of 21mbps like the current HSPA+ devices can). The last line in the Details refers to a plan that isn't available for phones (flex plans for mobile Internet).

If they start making the $10 surcharge applicable to all HSPA devices (including handsets) then I won't be happy, but in its current state it does seem reasonable (pay more for faster speeds).

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
It does seem to infer that the premium would only apply to the "new" devices, so I think you're right.

If not, this would be the most ridiculous thing I ever heard...even from Bell!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think the OP's statement "for access to the company’s HSPA+ wireless network" is incorrect. It is for dual-cell HSPA data access as other posters have mentioned. As it states for: "clients on these devices".

·
Bell Employee
76 Posts
The new network speeds will be available only in the large cities, so no speed bumps for rural users, and will be upgraded in steps, not all cities at once, Montreal for example will see that somewhere in Q2 2011

1 - 6 of 6 Posts