Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
So they won't reverse the price increase. I was offered a $15 credit, to which I laughed at of course! I have put in a complaint into the CTRC, and am very close to getting a small claims started. Either that, or just switch to another ISP. Can't believe the chicanery that they are pulling with this 'contract' that people have. Basically, they call it "raising the base price" but not the "bundle deal". Slimey!

·
Registered
4 Posts
How long to qualify for promos

I was wondering if anyone has information on how long it takes to qualify for aquasistion promos. I was a fiberop be customer but left for eastlink. There are some things that are better but a few deal breakers for me. No last 5 channels is horrible and no preview of what is on a channel. Channel selection also doesn't seem as good...

·
Super Moderator
17,483 Posts
@cmack I moved your post to the thread where we discuss pricing and promos. Bell says:
Offer available to all residential customers, adding a new Bell Aliant service (TV, Internet or Home Phone) in a 3- product Fibe bundle, who have not had a 3-product Fibe bundle in the previous 90 days
Source: https://aliant.bell.ca/Fibe-TV/Fibe-Programming-Packages -- click on offer details.

·
Registered
464 Posts
You're only looking at about 3 months to qualify for new customer pricing. Be sure to call and negotiate your "add-ons" and length of time.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
The wait is 6 months before you are considered a new customer. But try after 3 months. You never know how desperate they are.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Anybody know if Stingray Classica is in a theme pack? It was available during the free preview, but I can't find it on Aliant's website at all.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Ah, yeah you're right. I went into the channel editor in my account and it's in there for $7. Shame, it's a good channel, but that price is rough.

Thanks for the tip. :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi

Today’s Herald had a large ad by Aliant for a 3 service bundle for $119 locked for 2 years. It states new customers only so you’ll need to leverage similar deals currently on Eastlink website. Do your homework and make the call.
You will save big time if your call goes right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another price increase

All 3-service bundles price increased another $9 per month. There is no notice on the website when the price increase will come into effect.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Last year, Bell invested $4 billion in its network infrastructure. These investments enable us to have the capacity necessary for the growth in use of communications services as well as to keep providing exceptional new features, even faster Internet technology and world-class entertainment. In order to support these investments, the monthly rate of your 3-service bundle will increase by $9, as of your first billing period after February 1, 2019.*

·
Registered
215 Posts
Got notification of 9 dollars for basic highspeed and home telephone, so will become 161 from 152, they have me by the jewels, out in the country and my only option.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Slimy weasels have not hit me at all and I am 14 months into the new 2 year deal I have. It is unusual most times I am on the phone at least once in the year getting back my increase they pulled off. Perhaps they grow tired of my phone calls insisting on them keeping the price as was agreed.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Fibe internet, not bundled

Long story short, family needs changing, coupled with the loss of English Premier League/Champions League, we no longer want the TV part of our "Good" triple bundle.

I was happy with the three year price and satisfied with the extension (but lower discount) since. But there's no way I will pay the new price come September.

The pricing structure is such that only $30 or $40 can be saved by switching to just home phone and internet. The Fibe internet is currently 150 mbps. I actually get between 6 and 15 wireless, occasionally 40 but 200 mbps with the ethernet cable plugged.

As an aside I have signed up for DAZN for the soccer and it requires 8. With a wi-fi connection I have found it to buffer, presumably when the wi-fi speed falls for a second or two.

From looking over the website, it seems I can take home phone @ $32.57 and internet Fibe 100 for 72.95 for 3 years and then 99.95. I have already confirmed the discount would not available so straight to 99.95.

But this would save around $90 compared to what the new bundle price will become. For them to retain me and my bundle thay'd have to more than double the "final" discount they gave me last year.

Now, when I switched to Fibre optic internet (as it was then) I am fairly sure the speed then was 80mbps. It was brilliant for us including heavy streamers.
Later it went to 100 and then 150, both times with no extra charge.

As 80 was brilliant and we never noticed the increases to 100 and then 150, I am assuming that "dropping" back to Fibe 100 should be fine. "Too good to be true" even.

Is there something I've not considered? If the current speed is (up to) 150 mbsp, why do my wired speed tests come out as 200? How can that be?

Are they supplying me with 'better' or 'best' even though it should be just the "Good" one?

As it happens, I see they also do Fibe 300, no discount but the price is 87.95. So anyone paying the discounted 72.95 for Fibe 100 would be better of switching to 300 for 87.95 rather than paying 99.95 for 100.

It all seems bizarre. I can keep Fibe150 and phone (losing TV) and save $40 or I can scrap the bundle, replace it with phone and Fibe 300 and save $90.

There has to be something wrong but what?

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Bell charges too much for home phone. You might do better by dropping phone and switching to VoIP. VoIP can be had for very little, sometimes free. Rogers sometimes gives phone away with internet plus TV.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Another Price Increase

Bell silently increased all internet services by $5 each per month and 2 and 3 service bundles by $10 each per month.

·
Registered
23 Posts
From my latest bill:

Change to your Bell Aliant service rate.

At Bell, we annually invest billions of dollars to
provide exceptional new features, even faster
Internet technology, world-class entertainment, and
the network capacity necessary to support the
significant growth in use of communications
services. In order to support these investments, the
monthly rate of your 3-service bundle will increase
by $10, as of your first billing period after
January 28, 2020.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts