Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the Bell Aliant FibreOP 25/5 installed here in NB. I am having issues with wireless connection to my Xbox.

The Xbox connects fine at first but then the connection becomes very unstable and I end up losing it when doing online gaming.

The Xbox says I should have an “Open NAT” connection for best results. That is what I had with Bell Aliant’s regular high-speed BEFORE the FibreOP was installed and it worked fine. Now the Xbox is saying I have a “Moderate NAT” connection and this appears to be the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this issue? Is it a setting that needs to be changed in the Xbox or Bell Aliant FibreOP modem???

·
Registered
262 Posts
Access your modem's web interface, under firewall config, and try putting the Xbox in the DMZ. If that works, you can just leave it there, or else figure out what ports it needs forwarded and do that manually. Are you sure its not loss of wireless signal that's dropping the connection?
I'm familiar with the 2Wire modem that I have, not so much with the new ActionTec ones I think they're installing now.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I also had some problems with my adapter G and my N modem since i have 3 360 and only one is wired and the same problem came with my new slim and i solve it really fast just turn of your xbox and reboot your modem , by restarting the modem it opened my nat , also you can do the test on your 360 and in some games like COD Black ops , fifa11 it will show you your type of connection .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the 50/30 bundle package for fibre op. I am located in Miramichi,NB. The internet is very unstable after only having it for a year. the tv and phone is fine. sometimes the internet works, sometimes it simply doesnt. I also used to have the old aliant high speed internet and it worked flawlessly with the xbox and everything else. My nat is set at moderate on my xbox and it doesnt work right. How can i resolve all of these problems? Also, by typing 192.168.2.1 i am not able to access my router homepage on any of my devices. not sure what to do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts