Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a BellAliant CSR this morning, and it is now available to order in FibreOp area, 170 mbps Down / 30 mbps Up for $249.95 per month. They will have bragging rights over Rogers for sometime to come.

·
Registered
8 Posts
New FiberOP Bundle Offering - 70 Mbps/15 Mbps

With the change to the 170 Mbps FiberOP offering this week, which puts everyone in line with what is being offered in Sydney NS, they have also started offering a 70/15 bundle with TV, phone, PVR, Movie Channels for $182.90 and $167.97 without the movie channels. Like the new 170 Mbps offering, they have not posted it it on their website yet.

The maximum amount of streams for TV is 7 on the 70 Mbps Internet service. I was told I could get 1 dual tuner PVR, 3 HD set top box, and 2 SD set top box. I am not 100% sure, but I believe that they will be using a 170 Mbps line where 70 Mbps is dedicated for Internet Access and the rest is for TV (but that's just what I think they are doing and have no actual facts to base it on).

And for now there's still no cap with Bell Aliant.

I've put my order in for the 70/15 bundle and I'll have it in a few weeks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't live in NS so I don't know exactly how it compares with Eastlink's HD offering. Checking the Bell Aliant site, it shows 50 HD channels.

Here is the list of channels offered by Bell Aliant in New Brunswick: http://productsandservice.bellaliant.net/PS/nb/english/productsandservices/ps_2.jsp?section=64&bodycont=productsandservices.fibreop_tv&curbody=64#HDTV_CH

Doing a quick comparison, it looks like it is similar to what Easlink is offering. Looks like SunTV is missing and no TLC HD and RDS HD with Bell Aliant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts