Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed by cell phone rate plan today and signed up for high speed ultra. I was told by a sales representative that I couldn't bundle these two service together so they won't waive the $10 fee since I don't have a Bell landline. Also, even if I cancel next week I will have to pay the $99 cancellation fee. Do new high speed customers not get the 30 days gurantee where you can cancel if you're not happy and not get charged the cancellation fee?

Is there anyway to get around that damned $10 no landline fee?

The reason I'm asking about the cancellation fee is that I'm in an apartment with another tenenat living upstairs and I'm a little worried that we're sharing a phone line. Will two separate high speed accounts and modems work on the same phone line?

I wish I could think better while on the phone.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
What exactly is your question?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My questions are:

Where does the 30 day guarantee apply- where you can break the contract and not get the $99 fine- apply?

Can you bundle just a cell phone and high speed with Bell Aliant?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
30 day guarantee should be available.

I have no landline and not charged the extra $10. I bundled my cell phone with my internet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone recently told me that you need three things to make a bundle.

Come to think of it, I remember a couple of years ago when I tried to make a bundle with just a cell phone and high speed they wouldn't let me then either...I hope I can because that $10 fee is infuriating to me for some reason.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
It's possible to bundle with just 2. I'm doing it. Knowing this, next time you talk to Aliant, you know there is a way to do this. It was done from by a CSR on the Aliant end, not the mobility end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts