Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in the maritimes, I have the "pleasure" of dealing with Bell/aliant for my home phone, internet and mobility services. I signed up for a bundle deal, and just noticed something sketchy.....On my bill i have a charge for my value package of $109.00, under the "value package" heading, it states "your value package includes : home phone service, high speed internet, cellular plan....now also on the bill, I have an additional $49.33 charge under mobility.... Is it just me, or am I being charged twice for my cell phone?? I find it hard to believe, that my Internet and home phone would cost me $109.00.... any aliant users have any experience with this problem?

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
The problem appears to be that you really don't know what you signed up for. Have you reviewed what you signed up for? Have you contacted Bell?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Living in the maritimes, I have the "pleasure" of dealing with Bell/aliant for my home phone, internet and mobility services. I signed up for a bundle deal, and just noticed something sketchy.....On my bill i have a charge for my value package of $109.00, under the "value package" heading, it states "your value package includes : home phone service, high speed internet, cellular plan....now also on the bill, I have an additional $49.33 charge under mobility.... Is it just me, or am I being charged twice for my cell phone?? I find it hard to believe, that my Internet and home phone would cost me $109.00.... any aliant users have any experience with this problem?
Danny001: my bill comes in around $90. I have "High Speed Ultra" (7 Mbps) and Home Phone w/unlimited province wide calling. I used to have "Simply 1200 Canada" (older long distance plan) which pushed my bill up to $111.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Without knowing what your Aliant bill looks like Danny, take a look at your Bell profile/site on the Bell site.

I have my cell bundled with Aliant as well, and I get one bill for my home phone, internet, tv (fibre) and mobility... I'm not sure how Bell and BellAliant have it agreed to, but the minute my bill is generated at Bell's side, it is instantly "paid" - shows a $0.00 balance - and my Aliant bill is then generated about a week later as normal with the MOBILITY section having all my call details, etc....

You shouldn't get two bills for your cell....

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having a similar issue (I am currently waiting on a supervisor looking into the issue to call me back)

I assume you are on one of the old bundles possibly? The one were you recieve $22 credit on your mobility?

My current bundle includes: high speed, long distance, cell phone, it comes to about 75$, now when I phone in I am told I am paying $10 to bundle my cell phone in this plan, but this gives me nothing except a $22 credit on my mobility side, so really I am being falsely advertised on what my credit is, I do not receive $22 but yet $12

To make matters worse, If i were to separate everything, internet is about $52, long distance $8, which means my cell portion is actually higher then $10, there is definitely something going on with these "bundles" and you should phone back to see if they can clarify the charges for you, I spoke to one gentleman who gave me a $15 credit for 1 year for my troubles (being transferred when asked not too, rudeness, employees giving wrong information)

Please post back with further details on what your plan and charges are, without more details it is hard to dissect if you are being over charged or not. If you phone Bell, 10 times, you will get 10 different answers. I am very interested to see what happens with your bill as I have a similar issue (posted above).

Cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't mean to resurrect an old topic, but has anyone obtained an explanation to this problem.
Helping my elderly (not so tech savy) parents with their bill, I discovered this issue with billing. If it wasn't for my parents commenting on the expensive bill, this wouldn't have been noticed. They have a home phone (with simply 1200 Canada Long Distance) , high speed internet, and a cell phone. They have had this bundle for ~8yrs. Last summer, they had to replace their cell phone, and purchased a new one, with a different plan. I noticed that similar to the posters here, they are currently (maybe since last July) being charged for both a cellular plan, and mobility plan.

Hopefully someone has insight. The billing codes and the like are difficult for the average person to decipher. How can one expect two seniors to understand these bills? If this is in fact a double charge, my parents have been overpaying, and doing so, just because Bell/Aliant "said so"

Any help, or insight would be greatly appareciated!!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm not sure about the billing situation your going thru but I do want to bring one point to your attention. Bell Aliant is your Internet/Tv provider but Bell Mobility is your cellular provider...they may be on the same bill for convenience but they are two different companies when it comes down to it. You may want to contact Bell Mobility directly to find out more.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
This seems to happen a lot with mobile. It happened to me a few years ago, one phone call had it cleaned up.

While I don't like that it happened, they were good about fixing it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

I just wanted to inform myself of people's situations dealing with this, and decide whether it was worthwhile to call. Having a bit of extra knowledge in advance helps ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts