Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So we are currentlying waiting for our new house to be finsihed and am stuck with shaw for 4 months (nasty PVR)

But i have got conduits put all through my house so i can run my cables how i see fit when ever i want here is the scenario:

9200 main receiver running in single mode (works great)
6131 I think is the model i have now it has the HD on it and is in the bedroom for those falling asleep finish record a show moments.

my question is with the 9200 in dual mode i can run the second tv in the room on it with composite cables or coax right? So obviously just SD signals?

Can the wife watch and show from the PVR on second tv while i watch a show on the first?
So if she has a show that recorded on TV1 can she watch it on TV2. I just wish bell would do a PVR anywhere thing like telus and MTS do.
also is there any chance of them fixing the HDMI thing is really pisses me off and the receiver takes for ever to turn back on.

if this makes no sense let me know and i will try and reword it.

thank you

·
Registered
697 Posts
Can the wife watch and show from the PVR on second tv while i watch a show on the first?
yes

So if she has a show that recorded on TV1 can she watch it on TV2.
yes

also is there any chance of them fixing the HDMI thing is really pisses me off and the receiver takes for ever to turn back on.
who knows. you can always do what I do - connect your HD tv to your 9200 via component video cables, rather than HDMI & problem solved.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
The 9200 must be put in dual mode for this. Then remote 1 controls TV1 out and remote 2 controls TV2 out (SD only.) The RF quality is quite good on the 9200 so it's not necessary to run composite cables. Diplexers can be used instead of running an extra RG6.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
And if you have the chance to use an OTA antenna, that can be connected to the 9200 as well, giving you a Triple Tuner HD PVR.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

thanks for the help the main thing i wanted to check was that she could watch any show that was PVRed on the second tv no matter what tv it was recorded from.

couple more questions in dual mode can TV1 record on tuner2 so if i am watching a show i can still record a second one right but if the wife wante dto go watch live tv she would watch what was recording but she could watch a pvred show already right?

Not sure if with even have OTA anymore in calgary.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The default on the 9200 is to record to Tuner 2, so yes you can be watching 1 live prog on Tuner 1 while recording on Tuner 2.

The user at TV2 can watch the prog being recorded or any of the recordings already on the PVR.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
the main thing i wanted to check was that she could watch any show that was PVRed on the second tv
Yes, she can. Any recorded show can be watched on either TV output.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Another Feature

One more thing. You can watch any channel to which you are subscribed on both TV1 and TV2 out. HD channels are downconvered to SD on TV2 out of course but it is still a handy feature. Surprisingly Bell never really publicised it.

I assume you have an old 9200 as this is not being offered any more by Bell?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts