Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to hook a JVC VCR/DVD player recorder to my 6400 Bell Receiver. I haven't been successful. VCR/DVD Player is HR-XVC37U. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
56,460 Posts
Does the Bell STB have composite video (yellow) and analogue audio (red/white) outputs? If so, connect those to the VCR. Set the VCR to input "Video" or L1, or V1 or whatever that input is. Tune the Bell box to the channel you wish to record and hit "record" on the VCR when the programme starts. I do not believe there is a way to automate the process on the STB to tune to the correct channel at the correct time, but you might be able to set a recording on the VCR. Almost no one does this any more since it's so cumbersome in the digital age and because VCRs record in 240i, which is such poor quality almost no one watches it on an HDTV. Here's an FAQ on the topic:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/30-57s-home-theatre-faqs/76077-faq-how-connect-vcr-dvd-recorder-stb.html

If the 6400 doesn't have the appropriate outputs, you can purchase "converters", however, again, the process is convoluted and poor.

For recording today, almost everyone uses a PVR because it records HD and is easy to do.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My JVC Player VCR Model Number HR-XVC37U has Video/Audio Input Connectors yellow red and white in the front and Video/Audio Output Connectors yellow red and white on the back.

·
Super Moderator
56,460 Posts
Connect the 6400 to the VCR inputs and set the VCR to record the appropriate input (usually labelled input 1 or L1 or V1 or line1, or channel zero depending on the VCR. You don't tune to any channel like channel 3. Recording from this input will be covered in the operating manual for the VCR. You connect to the TV using the VCR outputs, which you seem to have already done per post 1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts