Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching but can't find info on this problem.

My system doesn't always record. If you hit the pvr button it will not show it recording there. If you hit it again it will show it in the list and show being recorded.

Also when it is "recording" it will blank out every minute or so for about 5 seconds.

My hard drive has about 800 hrs of recorded content on it. It had no problem up till then.

How can I reformat the hard drive if it comes down to it?

Thanks
James

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Sounds like the Hard drive could be getting full. I believe it is best to only use 80% of the capacity.

Try deleting some files and see if that helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It looks like that worked. I thought that space could be a problem but I didn't think it would need about 20% of 1TB drive to do what it needs to do. It seemed to be ok when I got it back past 200 hrs of free space. This morning I took off more and a now am sitting at 427 hrs of free space. I will test it more tonight.

Another thing it was doing was when it was recording it wouldn't let me switch to another channel and cancel the show that is recording. I will test that again tonight. For now it seems to be working again.

Thanks for your help. I will keep an eye on remaining space and try not to be as much of a pack rat with my recordings.

James

1 - 3 of 3 Posts