Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a question. My hard drive was failing in my 5900 the unit was freezing and grinding everytime I went to record something. I purchased a replacement drive off on ebay that was stated as a pull from a 5900. its the same size and the code RAMB1TUO is the same on both drives. When I installed the new drive I get error 0412. I then went to format the drive and it stated the drive was re initialized and I need to restart the box. I do that and get the same error. I then tried to run a HDD short diagnostics and it fails. Does that mean there is a problem with the HDD or is there some way I need to marry this thing with the box or initialize it to work or whipe the drive clean and let the box write to to. Any help would be greatly apprecaiated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just doing more reading and I think the problem is the software or file type is wrong on the drive. I have read Bell uses there own propriatary file system. my question is how do I write this file system to this drive no different if someone was buying a new drive and replacing it. I have tried going into the PVR and memory dump screen and doing a HD format it states the drive is initilazed and will format once I start the box but once I start the box again I get Error 041C. I also ran a HD short diagnostics and it Failed but I don't know if thats because I wrote an NTFS file system to the drive and need bells. I have read something about sectors #3 and #131071 need something written for the drive to be initialized to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts