Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Super Moderator
59,105 Posts
What you may wish to consider instead is an HDMI to Component Video/Analogue Audio adapter. Search the web, there are lots of them. The adapter needs to be powered and needs to be able to accept the appropriate signal from the box.

The box may need to be set to output 1080i on the HDMI output as that's typically the limit for Component Video on TVs/boxes. You might even want to set the output to 720P because that's what the incoming signal is on Bell Fibe for HD channels. What is the exact make/model of the TV?

If it's a smaller TV (less than 40"), you might be better off purchasing a new TV. I've seen them for $200 or less.

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What you may wish to consider instead is an HDMI to Component Video/Analogue Audio adapter. Search the web, there are lots of them. The adapter needs to be powered and needs to be able to accept the appropriate signal from the box.

The box may need to be set to output 1080i on the HDMI output as that's typically the limit for Component Video on TVs. You might even want to set the output to 720P because that's what the incoming signal is on Bell Fibe for HD channels. What is the exact make/model of the TV?

If it's a smaller TV (less than 40"), you might be better off purchasing a new TV. I've seen them for $200 or less.
It’s a Somy Wega 50” from about 2003/4.

· Registered
5,733 Posts
Funny enough, I found a picture of the breakout cable from bell's web site:

Here is the URL, but it mentions nothing about how to obtain such cable, So a cable DOES indeed exist, but I have no idea how you could obtain such cable, and funny enough, according to your recent call with them, it looks like Bell has no idea themselves how to give you such cable. Shaking my Head!!!

· Super Moderator
21,232 Posts
Arris VIP 56N2 Breakout Cable. Part # 2369193. It has a 10-pin DIN connector. Telus installers used to carry them them around to use as needed. I don't know if you can buy one retail if Bell refuses to supply it.

I found 2 cables on Amazon for DIRECTV receivers, but I don't know if they use the same pinout. (not an exhaustive search)

A Telus user responded to a question, saying he used the cable for audio out to stereo speakers, so the pinout sounds close. Worst case, you might have to swap the video cables around. https://www.amazon.ca/COMPONENT-CABLE-DIRECTV-HR54-RECEIVER/dp/B01M22HSU1

Here's another one: https://www.amazon.ca/CIMPLE-CO-Composite-Connects-Replacement/dp/B01MT91B32?th=1

You could also try eBay or Kijiji in Alberta or BC in case a Telus customer has one they no longer need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts