Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there,
I got a quick question regarding analog audio out (Red and white jacks no the backpanel). Is it possible to adjust the volume of the satellite receiver? Because my TV (brand new $2500 Samsung LED) does not support variable audio out... I had rogers HD4250 receiver which allowed me to change the volume of audio out which were hooked up to my speakers (about 8 years old but exceptional sound quality) which do not allow volume adjusting. With Bell 4100 receiver the volume always stays at max. So if someone knows how to adjust the volume on the receiver itself then please let me know? Do you know if there is another receiver which allows for volume adjusting (I found the old 2700 did but I don't know much about newer models)?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
None of the newer Bell TV Receivers have adjustable Volume Output any more. The 2700, 4700 and 1000 are the only ones I can recall of the top of my head.

·
Registered
46 Posts
4100 Guide Update problem

Hi I just added a 4100 to my account a few weeks ago. It's worked fine but now when you press the guide button you just get the please wait downloading gude info etc....
It doesn't complete this task even if you leave it for an hour.
If you press the info button it will tell you all the proper info about what you are watching but that is all.
I have tried unplugging briefly and also doing a Hard reboot with no luck.

Any suggestions

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Remove and replace Smart Card, if it has one. If not, use any other card, insert into Receiver until it reboots.

It should then download the Guide Data.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks Pinza

I take it that by any other card you mean a Bell smart card that is in use in another authorised system or can you use anything else?

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I use the Wifes' Visa.......

Any card works.

·
Registered
16 Posts
bell receiver 3100 vs. 4100

hi,

I bought two receiver 4100 and wasn't really happy of the quality, so I wanted to know which is better, the receiver 3100 or the receiver 4100? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Depends what features you want really. The 3100 does NOT have any way to output 5.1 Sound, the 4100 does.

I would personally never recommend a 4100, I would always advise getting a 6131 or 6141, that way you can connect digitally to the TV and get HD when you want it in the future.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
As far as video quality goes, you won't notice any difference between the 3100 and 4100. But, like Pinza said, the optical output on the 4100 is really the only difference other than the 4100 being about half the size.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Half the size and about 1/10th the shielding, all in all a dreadful receiver.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Ah yes, forgot about the lack of shielding.

They're definitely not nearly as good as a 6131/6141, but for a lot of people they can't justify spending the extra $6/month (to rent) for the 6131 over the 4100, or the extra $100 (to buy) for a receiver that is going in their kids room, or the spare bedroom, or whatever the case may be.

Also, I'd say that probably half of the 4100s I install in the run of a week are hooked up to HDTVs.

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Those darn Neo-Luddites are everywhere. ;) The fault really lies with BDUs for promoting SD receivers and overcharging for HD receivers. It shouldn't cost much more to make an HD receiver these days.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Usually, they try to promote the cx to get an hd receiver over a sd. The problem is the second or any other additional receiver, there's no promo.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Also, I'd say that probably half of the 4100s I install in the run of a week are hooked up to HDTVs.
I would say that one thing that helps to confuse the Customer is the fact that Bell do not even call the 4100 a "Standard Definition Receiver" anymore, it is now tagged as a "Digital Receiver".

Lots of people still believe that Digital = High Def.

Nice one Bell.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts