·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just after the markets opened BCE shares were down 35% this morning to under $25 a share.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Eventhough I have maintained from the beginning that this deal would not happen......my suspicions remain that some manipulating is going on. Not a bad time to buy at rock bottom prices and if the deal fails you may recover through a break-up of BCE. You do not have to be an expert to know that paying ten to fifteen dollars more for shares makes little sense....particularly in today's economic climate. The debt load is totally unacceptable...no matter who is cooking the books.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
As someone with a financial interest in Teachers, I am glad to see this development. This was a turkey of a deal from the beginning, especially given that Bell needs massive capital investments in the medium term as their technology is nearing end-of-life.

·
Banned
1,051 Posts
Bell should be left alone to see how far down can current management drive it's share price.
There will be takers in the single digits $... And Bell might get there this year...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts