Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

801 - 820 of 820 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
An update from MeTV:

"Please note: Over-the-air viewers in Seattle and Northwest Washington need to re-scan televisions on Saturday, October 19 to continue to receive MeTV, Heroes & Icons, Decades, Movies!, Start TV and most other local channels in addition to KFFV/KVOS. Those viewers unable to currently receive these stations over-the-air should see improved reception on October 19."

Hopefully we will see the signal strength return.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Lost Channel 22

KZJO, virtual channel 22 has dissapeared from my line-up with the frequency switchover. It was on 25 but that is now channel 5. The signal was supposed to be re-assigned to 36 but I get nothing when I scan that frequency. Maybe it's just weather.
The rest of the re-assigned channels seems to be all present.

Laurie in Ladner BC with a roof mounted DB8e.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
KZJO, virtual channel 22 has dissapeared from my line-up with the frequency switchover. It was on 25 but that is now channel 5. The signal was supposed to be re-assigned to 36 but I get nothing when I scan that frequency. Maybe it's just weather.
The rest of the re-assigned channels seems to be all present.

Laurie in Ladner BC with a roof mounted DB8e.
I quote the moderator of another forum who lives in the Seattle area:
Oct 19, 2019
GroundUrMast said:
The majority of the Seattle market stations moving due to the repack are now up and operating on their post-repack frequencies.

The only exception that I can see as of now is KWDK which is still broadcasting on real CH-42 (No signal seen on real CH-34 yet.)
https://www.rabbitears.info/market.php?request=station_search&callsign=kzjo

https://www.rabbitears.info/repackchannels.php?country=US&city=&state=&mktid=18&owner=&sort=&ph=&lss=&status=

They have a construction permit for 1000 kW ERP and a non-directional antenna, but have an Application for Special Temporary Authority for 115 kW ERP and a directional antenna at a lower height:
https://www.rabbitears.info/tvq.php?request=items&facid=69571

Note the "R" for reduced coverage:
https://www.rabbitears.info/searchmap.php?request=result&study_id=20985

If you click on the KZJO Transmitter Distance in the report, you will see a terrain profile that shows a mountain in the signal path.

If you click on Map you will see you (red marker) are way outside the KZJO area of coverage.

If KZJO is using the Special Temporary Authority transmitter and antenna, only 43 kW out of 115 kW ERP is being sent in your direction.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Use these KVOS channels to set time on old LG TV.
New signal gives perfect picture on all of them with old FM antenna hanging out the back.
Only CHEK intermittent.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've lost channels KONG 16 as well as KZJO 22 . The channel supposedly didn't change from 31 with the switchover, but something else may be happening. I now can pick up CHAN-1 from Chilliwack on 31 (channel 11) when I re-scan.
Or is this just a case of Tropospheric Ducting

Laurie in Ladner BC with the DB8e

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've lost channels KONG 16 as well as KZJO 22 . The channel supposedly didn't change from 31 with the switchover, but something else may be happening. I now can pick up CHAN-1 from Chilliwack on 31 (channel 11) when I re-scan.
Or is this just a case of Tropospheric Ducting

Laurie in Ladner BC with the DB8e
I think it must have been tropo. KONG (the 16's) are back fairly strongly but KVOS (the 12's) are gone.
laurie in Ladner BC

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lost the 12's here in North Delta as well. Not sure exactly when they went down but they were working this afternoon. Tried rescanning a couple times but no joy. Will try again in the morning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For using just one antenna to pick up channels from two directions I would recommend the Antenna Direct DB8e because you can point the two panels to different locations.
I have the DB8e and get all channels from Mt. Seymour and 6.1 from Victoria plus 28.1-4, 12.1-4, 24.1-4,20.1-5.
My antenna is on the roof so ymmv.
Thanks for the info. So the db8 is essentially 2 antennas that come together via a conjunction box - is that right? I assume then that when you scan stations on your tv it picks up any/all stations it can from either antenna?
Not entirely true, it's a antenna similar to cm4228 with the exception that the center has a pivot so it can be "folded" this way you could make a L or and other pattern or default to _ _ that it comes as similar to cm4228.

Simply allows for better aiming as 8ve found that on the same mast, distribution erc I received no improvement with 4222 , 4 dipole or rather one half of a 4228 as a single antenna vs the 4228 in fact signal dropped .

·
Registered
7 Posts
KVOS is back but weak (40%) at the moment. No direct word from the station. Still on RF14.

Keith R
yes its back on pay systems too ie telus shaw, bell never had it. I thought these sp were paying for the us ota network channel now . Why are they not getting a direct feed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I'm in delta at 116 and 97a , people with cm4228 clones are with the cm4221 antennas are receiving kvos, PBS, Canadian CD ess3ntisky 16 charts up 1 block on 117th Nd 95th ave

I just wanna get kvos 4 ch .

a friends place at 90th ave and 121st I received 15 ch with the simple uh single dipole that used to come with vcrs and s 75ohm matching transformer. aimed it south on third second story floor came in pretty good about 50%.

Tvfool says I need to be 75' above street level , however being on s hill there is a 10 foot rise from my driveway at the north of house to fence at back of house facing south.

How do I test this so I'm not going overboard with too high of a mast and spending $1000 fir 4 channels plus obs chs?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone done a slight survey?

How did you do it?

I'm considering these:

Helium balloons, yes I watched up!

Asking neighbors to south with 3 story house to test there,

Borrowing a drone? Hoisting with that

Some kind of long long pipe maybe a 50ft. But metals are $$$ now days even a 20' pipe is expensive,

putting 10 foot pipes together from home depot would be cheaper if I knew s welder pipe clamps cost half the pipe cost for 1 clamp

·
Registered
96 Posts
Princess Auto sometimes has 4 foot x 2inch fiberglass tent pipes that fit together for cheep, I used four as a discone mast for a couple of years, not even a hint of fatigue. You could use a 10 to do a handheld survey probably by yourself just by having something heavy to hold the bottom(car wheel parked on a plate)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is 2.1 CBUT working in Surrey now? I'm getting all the other usual ones (8.1, 10.1, 17.1, 32.1, etc), but this one has recently stopped working.

801 - 820 of 820 Posts