Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

Battlestar Galactica Season 4

15K views 126 replies 47 participants last post by  disco277 
#1 ·
Heads up! It starts Friday April 4 at 10:00 pm on Space.

Episode Detail: He That Believeth in Me

Season 4 picks up where the third-season finale left off, with Starbuck's mysterious return unhinging the Galactica crew in the middle of a Cylon attack. Meanwhile, Anders enters the space melee and has a surprising standoff with a Cylon raider.

#88 ·
With the Human race down under 40,000, and the very real risk of total annihilation, a military government is a necessity!

-Mike
Then why go through the hassle of a civilian government?

Plus, the mutiny/coup was in response to actions that fleet overwhelmingly opposed.

In the end, I guess the message is "the people don't know any better, Adama does."

#92 ·
Who knew the "PC" guy is a brain surgeon!!

Maybe he learned how to do surgery with his "PC" with "Vista" ;)

Seriously though the show is really good I can't wait for more!!

New twist and turn every Friday.

#94 ·
I actually thought it was a rather clumsy episode. You can tell Moore and Co are trying to cram too much info into these last few episodes. Most of the episode was basically a straight narration of backstory given by Ellen and Sam. They may as well have just posted a link to a website where we could have read the backstory. Frankly, I expect better than this from these guys.

#95 ·
I knew I recognized PC guy from somewhere, but couldn't place it. Thanks.
Unfortunately I was extremely tired on Sunday when we watched the recording, and kept nodding off while watching. At the end Mrs. 99gecko deleted the recording and now I have to figure out all the gems of info that I missed.

#101 ·
Caprica: prequel series gets order for 20 episodes

SCI FI GREENLIGHTS 'CAPRICA' TO SERIES

NEW YORK – December 2, 2008 - SCI FI Channel has greenlit production on the new original series Caprica, ordering 20 hours of the drama including the two-hour pilot, it was announced today by Dave Howe, President, SCI FI. Caprica is the prequel to SCI FI's hit original series Battlestar Galactica and stars Eric Stoltz (Milk, Chicago Hope), Esai Morales (Jericho, NYPD Blue), Paula Malcomson (Deadwood, ER) and Golden Globe nominee Polly Walker (Cane, Rome).

Set 50 years before Battlestar Galactica, Caprica follows two rival families – the Graystones and the Adamas – as they grow, compete, and thrive in the vibrant world of the 12 Colonies, a society recognizably close to our own. Enmeshed in the burgeoning technology of artificial intelligence and robotics that will eventually lead to the creation of the Cylons, the two houses go toe-to-toe blending action with corporate conspiracy and sexual politics. Caprica will deliver all of the passion, intrigue, political backbiting and family conflict in television's first science fiction family saga. Production on the series is slated to begin summer '09 in Vancouver for a 2010 premiere. Jeffrey Reiner (Friday Night Lights) directed the pilot.
<snip>
As the series begins, a startling development is about to occur - the creation of the first cybernetic life-form node or "Cylon" – the ability to marry artificial intelligence with mechanical bodies. Joseph Adama (Esai Morales) – father of future Battlestar commander William Adama (Sina Najafi) – a renowned civil liberties lawyer, becomes an opponent of the experiments undertaken by the Graystones (Eric Stoltz), owners of a large computer corporation that is spearheading the development of these living robots: the Cylons.

#104 ·
Two Hour Series Finale tonight

I'm about three episodes behind but I noticed this series finale is airing tonight along with a mini-marathon:
  • 11:00 AM onward: Repeats of Season 4's episodes,
  • 8:00 PM Battlestar Galactica: The Last Frakkin' Special: A special looking at all things Battlestar with special emphasis on the series finale.
  • 9:00 PM Two Hour series finale; (Daybreak Parts 2 & 3): Adama and the volunteers take the Galactica to Cavil's base in a bid to recover Hera in the finale of the fourth season and the series.
  • 11:00 PM Fandom Forum LIVE!: BSG Finale: A in-depth chat about the series finale of Battlestar Galactica and the legacy the show leaves behind.

Too much TV for me, but I'm hoping to catch up and watch the finale over the weekend.

All in all, BSG, has been one of my fav's over the past few years. Well done.

#108 ·
The finale 2 hours where great!!

One of the best un-conventional Sci-Fi/Drama show on TV ever !!

The finale ending...well exactly like the series un-conventional :p

Battlestar Galactica will be missed dearly :(

The series lives on DVD for future viewer/generation :D

So Say We All !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.