Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
There was no way to please everyone with the final episode. It had some strong points and some weak points, much like the last few seasons. The problem is that we get so invested in these things that I think we expect all to come to a neat and tidy ending. To me at least, they would have needed a 5 hour finally to close off everything.

I watched the special they aired before the show and it was obvious from watching that there were a few plot lines where they were flying by the seat of their pants and making it up as they went along. I don't think they had a completely hashed out story ark from the beginning and as a result a few of them had to be snipped somewhat unsatisfactoraly(sp?).

Overall, I enjoyed it, with the last few seasons being spread out so much, I wasn't that tuned into the entire story, when I buy the rest of the series and watch them back to back I might be a little more dissapointed in the ending.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Most events and endings in the last ep I thought made sense. Not everything is going to lead to some fast action shoot em up scene. The relgious angle was pretty heavy thoughout the series so you have to consider that when you wonder what happened to Kara. She was essentially sent back by 'god' to finish her work. What didnt make sense to me was how Adama and his son parted ways. I guess they could have met up again in the future...

And if you are looking for positive forum posts about anything, lol, good luck. Humans like to complain and argue.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
And if you are looking for positive forum posts about anything, lol, good luck. Humans like to complain and argue.
It is natural for those that are angry to find a way to speak up about it. Those that are happy don't go around look for places/ways to "vent" their frustrations or find validation in others.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Overall, I enjoyed it, with the last few seasons being spread out so much, I wasn't that tuned into the entire story, when I buy the rest of the series and watch them back to back I might be a little more dissapointed in the ending.
We just finished the last episode late last night - captures series 4.0 and 4.5, and watched them in the space of about two weeks.

Overall, seeing all the episodes one right after the other was much better for those of us without photographic memory ( :) ).

The ending - as long as you didn't go into it with specific expectations, was amazing. Very, very many times they have taken this series in unexpected directions that were clear only in hindsight. The ending was another unexpected solution, and it's impact is amazing if you appreciate it for what it was, rather than for what you were expecting.

Some of the best true scifi action in history, IMHO, during the last episode. And an excellent ending that wraps up the story of the Battlestar Galactica universe.

It was a great and imaginative ending to an amazing series!

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
BSG - The Plan

Interesting. I enjoyed it, but it seemed like 2 hours of "deleted scenes" rather than a movie/show. It filled in numerous "blanks" though for me.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts