Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hmm, I noticed that BSG hasn't been on CityTV-HD for weeks now, anyone know what the heck happened to it?

I've been happily recording on my Bell 9200 every episode from the beginning, and we are finally into the second half of season 2 and now no more episodes?!? Wa 'happen?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Everything I've seen is a 22-episode season starting in January 2008, with the 2-hr direct to DVD movie in 4th quarter 2007.

As for City - good question. It looks as though they've snagged the stable 8 pm Monday timeslot for the last 10 first-run episodes of Stargate SG-1, rather than sticking it in some obscure spot. I'd guess after SG-1 is done, there will be plenty of time for these old BSG episodes.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Bumping the thread. Just checked the FallTvPreview.com link that was shown in the first page of this thread. According to CityTV's announcement of new and returning shows, BSG is returning this fall with S3. However if you check their fall schedule there is no timeslot. In other words, no dat as to when it returns. Fall can be anything until the end of November, and the latest rumour is that the S3 box set is coming out in December (since S4 will begin airing in January, and they usually release the previous season the month before the new one airs).

Also missing from the fall lineup announcement is whether it will be HD or not, so I have to assume it won't be:-( Just what is the reason for having a high-def channel, and showing a standard-def TV show that is available in high-def?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Just noticed that tomorrow's episode (Final Cut) is listed in the guide as "(HD)". They showed 1 or 2 episodes in HD before, but I don't believe either one was Final Cut (this is the one where "Xena" plays the reporter doing a documentary on Galactica's crew). It's showing up as HD in my guide (Rogers Ottawa) but not in zap2it listing. I'm recording it just to see.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
The ones that CITY broadcast in HD originally (in a 2005 simulcast with NBC) were Hand of God and both parts of Kobol's Last Gleaming.

I'd be very very surprised if CITY broadcast this in HD.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Wasn't even close. It was letter+pillar boxed, which means an originally widescreen presentation framed for 4:3 broadcast, which means they were using the same source for both SD and HD channels. Why even bother!

101 - 109 of 109 Posts