Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody plans to watch?

http://www.cbc.ca/battle/2010/09/meet-the-pairs-for-season-2.html

Early last season I checked it out but couldn't stand the "fake HD" quality and dropped. I just watched the pre-season episode tonite showing the guys in boot camp in "real HD" quality. By the end of the episode, they showed the rink in "real HD" so I assume this season will be finally in "real HD". The show won't have the popularity of Dancing With The Stars but I still kind of think of it as "DWTS on Ice".

·
Banned
16 Posts
I just might. I heard that Theo Fleury is participating. He was my favorite hockey player growing up. It'd be funny to see him compete in this. hehe

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both the finale competition nite show on sunday and finale result show on monday were great. Great performances especially when I watched back-to-back BOTB and SWTS on monday. SWTS competition looked like child's play but then the SWTS celebs aren't even pro hockey skaters.

I especially like the high-speed camera shots on sunday nite when they introduce the pairs. Very crisp picture quality of ice splashing in full frame-rate slow-mo.

And then there was the moment Ekaterina broke the trophy at the end! Didn't seem like she dropped the trophy but more like the top "crystal" part of the trophy fell off the base which she was holding it all that time. The "crystal" part just shattered on impact!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts