Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone watching this season? I think Violetta Afanasieva was robbed getting stuck with the Sportsnet guy. It’s good they have more women hockey players, and it’s super obvious they’re trying to change the vibe of the show to a younger skew. So far, the lack of an audience is hurting...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My wife watches it. I used to but have lost interest.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wife watches it. I used to but have lost interest.
I think macho men have a problem watching their hockey hero's doing toe-picks. lol. This season's pick of NHL'ers is less than inspiring. Valerie Bure, on the other hand, adapted amazingly.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Would love to watch it. But no CBC or CTV are broadcast over the air, to see by antenna in our region anymore. And I do live in a fairly populated area: Kingston Ontario . We lost CBC when local tv station went Global affiliate. CTV we lost recently - they shut down their old analog tv rebroadcast of CTV Ottawa, on analog ch 6 (quality was bad, & broadcaster having real trouble on that transmitter anyway ...).

Otherwise - we've had CBC & CTV over the air ... for ever here in Kingston . Long as I can remember. 4 or 5 decades.

Too bad. shameful.

I do like to watch the figure skating type sports / entertainment. All the competitions too.

We had a show live at our local arena, with several of the Champs recently ... year or so ago.
Virtue & Moir, Karolina Koster (Italian Champ) ... plus others. Was good live !

·
Registered
34 Posts
The CBC should be available to every tax paying Canadian in whatever format they choose. What MP would present that one to parliament? Zero. Not every Canadian has access to the internet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts