Wednesday, June 5 TOR @ GSW 9:00 p.m. SN
Friday, June 7 TOR @ GSW 9:00 p.m. TSN
Monday, June 10 GSW @ TOR* 9:00 p.m. SN
Thursday, June 13 TOR @ GSW* 9:00 p.m. TSN
Sunday, June 16 GSW @ TOR* 8:00 p.m. SN

·
Registered
230 Posts
Does anyone know if any of the TSN Raptors games will be simulcast onto CTV? I know they did this for game 4 in the Philly series but as this is the finals it would be wise to go onto OTA to get as many eyeballs as possible for ad dollars? Also, would SN simulcast onto City for the finals?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Are you simply looking for OTA? Tune into ABC. All games are broadcast there. However, it might be different feed as TSN / SN. As well, games on TSN and SN are in 4K, if you care for that.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'll be watching on ABC. Would rather watch a professional production with neutral broadcasters than the homerism and lower standards of the TSN/SN broadcast.

Though it would be hilarious if TSN/SN were contractually obligated to take the ABC/ESPN feed and couldn't produce their own.

·
Registered
161 Posts
For those who have cable/sat......

Would those who have cable be able to get the ABC feed or would it be simsubbed by TSN or SN ?

·
Registered
230 Posts
It's not the same feed so there is no sim sub. The only way TSN / SN would be able to sim sub would be if they used the ABC feed on their broadcast. That is why I was asking if they would be on OTA as well for the finals. I have Fibe TV more of a curiosity than anything. As far as I know right now, TSN / SN will be creating their own feed as they have done throughout the playoffs unless there is news on this.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I think specialty channels - which SN and TSN are - cannot simsub American OTA channels anymore. CMIIW. Besides, now that a Canadian-based team is in the Finals, SN and TSN may make their own production and get their own feed. It depends whether NBA allows it, of course. If so, it will be like CBC and NBC in the Stanley Cup Finals.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I thought I heard on Tim and Sid that CBC will be showing the game but I may have misheard Sid. Can someone look into whether SN is letting CBC show their feed for the games they have in inventory (1,3,5,7)

·
Super Moderator
17,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@north49 - quote from the press release "CTV2 simulcasts ABC’s coverage of Games 2, 4 and 6." That way they can run Canadian ads when they simsub the ABC broadcast. @hercules130 is correct - the CRTC changed the rules a few years ago so only OTA stations can simsub American stations.

They are probably slow getting the guide updates out.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Rogers ota?

So then will Rogers/SN show games 1,3,5 and 7 on one of their OTA stations such as City, Omni ? They show during the regular NHL season a Punjabi version of HNIC on Saturdays so why not the Raptors?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Are the home games going to be in 4K on Rogers for both TSN and SN?

I can't seem to get a clear answer via Google results.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts