Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - believe it or not, I've never had a cell phone plan before, and now that I'm finally going to buy one, I have some very basic questions about service that aren't explained clearly on the provider (Telus) website:

1) If I have a Toronto phone number and go to Ottawa (for example), what constitutes a local call - a call to an Ottawa number or a call to a Toronto number?

2) I understand that you incur roaming charges if you use the phone in the US, but if you use the phone outside of your local area (again, say a Toronto number being used on an Ottawa tower), do you incur extra charges?

3) Is it true that Telus uses the Bell network in areas where they don't have their own towers? (I'm looking to buy a smartphone through Telus, but want to make sure it will work up north in an area that is only covered by Bell towers)

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"up north" = Walkerton/Kincardine area. It's rural, but it is covered by Bell towers in the specific area I'm thinking because my PC Mobile pay-as-you-go phone gets good reception. Rogers, not so much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.