Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked on the first 2 pages did not see anything on this topic delete if I missed it

The same fox scoreboard issue that messed up football is back again with their baseball broadcast I would avoid the problem by watching the same game on the Extra Inning package where the feed is letterbox & you can see the score displayed but this season they have started sim subbing the Extra Innings package replacing the U.S feed with the sportsnet feed and its driving me nuts.

Sportsnet for reasons known only to them does not notice that we can't read the score on the screen until about the 5th inning only then do they give us a letterbox video feed meaning I have to watch half the game without seeing the score box on the screen.

Is anyone else annoyed by this??

I should point out I'm talking about the SD feed on my small tv the video on the HD set is fine.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
I'm not sure what you are complaining about. Sportsnet has only aired one MLB game this season and it came from YES. Extra Innings isn't simsubbing the Sportsnet feed, it is simply more cost effective to just pick up the Canadian feed when possible in some cases.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine was sim subs on eastlink here in Newfoundland not sure but believe they by there signals from Rogers, I was watching on the extra innings channel but got the snet feed I know this because it had ad's for snet programing and the snet logo in the corner during the game.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
That isn't a simsub though, they are simply using the Sportsnet feed for Extra Innings instead of paying extra money to get the US feed.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I do pay for extra innings and was watching that station, I'm not that up on how a lot of these things work my bad, delete if you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts