Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm paying $90-some dollars a month for my iPhone 3g plan. My contract is up September 2011 with Fido.

I'm looking at plans with Mobilicity right now for $40 for everything unlimited, and the only thing I don't see is visual voicemail. Has anyone had luck calling Fido and telling them to lower the bill or lose a customer ? Because once my contract is up, I'll be damned if im going to pay $50/month EXTRA.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Fido may offer you some plans that are not advertized publically. there is no way to tell what they can offer you without you first calling in and let them analize your situation and needs thoroughly.

I had a Great plan with Fido, but I inquired about some plans the new entrants were advertising to me, they offered me something even better that I couldn't say no to so I remained with them.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I got my fido bill reduced just by phoning the call centre and asking when my contract was going to expire and how much the ECF was at this time. She told me then immediately asked if there was something wrong and if she couldn't adjust my bill to make me happier.
Just mention that you're thinking of switching to another provider and say what they're offering.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes it is possible. But when you call, DO NOT talk to frontline CS rep. Ask for retentions or the repartment responsible for keeping customers.

Tell them you want to cancel due to better deals.

I have city fido (old) with unlimited 24 hrs. They dropped my rate from 45 to 35 and also removed SAC for 6.99.

And that was when only Wind was offering a deal about a yeal ago. Now there are so many better options.

Good luck and let us know.

·
Member #1
47,683 Posts
jcole, you may be a bit early. I'd probably wait until March. Typically the best retention deals seem to come when you are within that six month window.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yes it is possible. But when you call, DO NOT talk to frontline CS rep. Ask for retentions or the repartment responsible for keeping customers.

Tell them you want to cancel due to better deals.

I have city fido (old) with unlimited 24 hrs. They dropped my rate from 45 to 35 and also removed SAC for 6.99.

And that was when only Wind was offering a deal about a yeal ago. Now there are so many better options.

Good luck and let us know.
Yes, in fact you do need to talk to the front line csr's. They will not just put you through to retention without bringing up your account and assessing the situation. Just asking for retentions will get you nowhere. Simply mention to the CSR that you are looking at offers from WIND, and you will get transferred to retention.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts