Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I do that?

I'm currently with Bell, with 2 phones, but retentions isn't getting me what I want.

Ideally I want;
200 Minutes
500MB Data
Unlimited Evenings/Weekends After 6PM
Unlimited Text
Caller ID
Voicemail
Free Hardware Upgrade
Activation Charges Waived

At Telus this costs $65/month on a 3 year contract.

Is it possible for me to call in as a new customer and try and get this deal for $50 - $55/month?

·
Registered
360 Posts
The only way you will likely get free hardware upgrades, is of you lock in to a contract. But looking at their website, their lowest Clear Choice Voice and Data Plan is $50/month which includes 200 min's and 500mb with voice mail and call waiting with one pick of three different Clear Choice options where you could choose the "Unlimited outgoing and incoming text, picture and video messages". Then you can add early nights and weekend calling for $7/month. That will only put you at $57/month.

You could do what I have done and buy the LG Optimus One Smart phone with the Android operating system for only $199 out right without a contract. I refuse to get locked into contracts and buy my phones outright. That way, I've got leverage and options. I'm never stuck with a company for three years like that. So far the competition can't beat Telus for the price that I'm paying. My cell phone is my business phone, so it is really important to me.

And I'm not a pro Telus fan either, because their high speed land line internet is garbage. I'm just always looking for the better deal.

Hope I helped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts