Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have Telus High speed internet with telus tv. I know telus only give you a max of 100GB upload/download before you have to start paying per GB. How does that work when Telus TV is hooked up if it runs off the same bandwidth? Do they just not keep track of it or can they somehow tell the difference between what the tv is running off and what you are downloading. I download quite a bit from torrent sites. I try to keep below 100GB per month, does anyone actually pay extra per GB? Im sure I have been over a few times and nothing showed up on the bill.

·
Super Moderator
16,865 Posts
I've read several posts that say Telus doesn't monitor your monthly usage if you have TV.

If Telus were to start monitoring your usage, it's easy to separate the traffic going to the internet from Telus' private network going to the video head-end.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I frequently breached that limit in the 2 years I had Telus internet before getting TTV (over a yea ago) and never was billed for overusage. The online usage, when I checked, just said 0 GB used. Not to say that hasn't changed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts