Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe Bell TV (ExpressVu) dropped Baby First TV from it's channel line up!!!

Is anyone else with young children upset about this? I've got a Facebook page going to bring it back so we'll see how many fans it gets.

That was such a good channel for young children. I still can't believe Bell dropped it. There are so many other channels I would have preferred to see go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read in another thread on this forum that OWN HD and SD will be replacing them. BTW, that stands for Oprah Winfrey Network (YACK! GAG!). I threw up a bit in my mouth just thinking about the channel.

I'm hoping people with infants and young kids protest to loosing the channel in enough volume that Bell brings it back.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I would prefer that Bell TV brings back HD Net, long before Baby First.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pinza, you obviously don't have any kids under 5.

I don't watch it for my self, but my two year old had several shows he loved on that channel.

I miss HDNet myself as I like MMA. But my kid adored shows like Tec the Tractor and it bothers me that I can't get the channel back for him. I live in a rural area where the only option is satellite. If I lived in the city I'd drop Bell and go Rogers just to get that channel back.

It pisses me off that there are a half dozen cable companies in the USA that carry Baby First, but our crap CRTC protected market can't keep itself afloat with a decent channel selection.

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Although I have 3 kids(8+ years)and no longer sub to BTV just wondering which was better Baby First TV or Treehouse? I'm not sure if there in the same age group though?

On a side note I'm wondering is BTV dropping these channels to make room for more HD.

Was EWTN,Movieola,Baby First TV on 82?

ErnestA

Rogers actually offers two Baby channels

Baby First TV(English/french/Spanish feeds)
Baby

I'm not sure what the difference is between the two though?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Baby First TV actually had educational / developmental programming for kids that taught them shapes, colors, vocabulary, numbers. Treehouse is just mindless drivel compared to Baby First TV.

Rogers only serves 3 Canadian provinces: Ontario, New Brunswick and Newfoundland. Everyone else is out of luck.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Regardless of what channel disappears there are people who watch it for what ever reason. Bell Tv has a pretty good handle on the number of "actual" subscribers and so far no popular or heavily subscribed channel has disappeared. HDNEt may or may not be an exception but I doubt it. The complaints usually die off in a few weeks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can handle HDNet disappearing because that only affects me. I'm a grown man. But the content on Baby First TV was irreplaceable. Perhaps George Cope, CEO of Bell wants to come and explain to my upset 2 year old why he can't watch his shows?

It breaks my heart when he comes up to me and says "Show?" (asking to watch his show) and I have to say "Sorry son, I can't get your show on the TV". He's too young to understand and just wants to watch his show he loves.

Children are sensitive and hurt very easily. Again, perhaps George Cope should think about the demographic this decision affected. It's not a bunch of grown ups who simply shrug it off. It's a whole bunch of hurt children who miss their favorite characters and get hurt and upset each time they can't watch their favorite show.

In some situations it's not just about the bottom line. I think the collateral damage Bell will incur from angry parents will far outweigh the savings of dropping the channel.

·
Premium Member
4,095 Posts
Regardless of what channel disappears there are people who watch it for what ever reason. Bell Tv has a pretty good handle on the number of "actual" subscribers and so far no popular or heavily subscribed channel has disappeared. HDNEt may or may not be an exception but I doubt it. The complaints usually die off in a few weeks.
Not actually so.

MuchLoud was on BTV and it disappeared. I think its more then just subs other wise I would expect at least 20% of the chasnnels thy have would disappear.(thats only an assumption be me though)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can't believe Bell TV (ExpressVu) dropped Baby First TV from it's channel line up!!!

Is anyone else with young children upset about this? I've got a Facebook page going to bring it back so we'll see how many fans it gets.

That was such a good channel for young children. I still can't believe Bell dropped it. There are so many other channels I would have preferred to see go.
Please bring back Babyfirst TV. I don't want to have to switch to Rogers- but I will have to. It's that important in my household. I have 2 year old twins!!

·
705 Posts
Please bring back Babyfirst TV. I don't want to have to switch to Rogers- but I will have to. It's that important in my household. I have 2 year old twins!!
Baby First TV is available on Roku if you're willing to buy one. They usually cost about 60 bucks or so from a store like Walmart.

The monthly subscription is still 4 or 5 bucks a month but in addition to the linear channel you have access to some titles on demand as part of the Roku app.

This would likely be a better alternative to switching providers if it is only to access Baby First TV.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts