Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new lens from B&H Photovideo in New York on Wednesday regular Purulator shipping. Remarkably, it arrived to-day.
I noted on the label that it was shipped from Etobicoke.
Does B&H have a depot in Ontario.
Also they charged me 13% HST that I paid at the same time I paid for lens and shipping on my credit card.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
From B&H's site re: International Orders and specifically for Canada:

Canadian Shipping via Purolator
B&H offers ground service into Canada via Purolator. This service requires that you prepay all necessary VAT and HST / PST / GST fees at checkout. Doing so allows Purolator to expedite your package and offer an economical solution to Canadian customers.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I purchased a Domke bag from B&H last week and got the item four days later also. As in the previous post, I opted for the Purolator Ground shipping option, and pre paid all the taxes, but very nominal. All the shipping, taxes, brokerage fee were still less than the cheapest UPS or FedEX. You are also guranteed of no surprises. The package was sent from New York. This is a good service.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Is shipping from a Canadian warehouse a recent change in B&H's online ordering process? They're prices are almost always better than anything you'll find compared to a Canadian retailer, but don't recall this shipping method being available a few years ago.

·
Registered
140 Posts
In the middle of Jan I ordered 3 filters, was shipped from Etobicoke, arrived in 48 hours

This Sunday I ordered a 50mm Nikon lens, was shipped from NY, it arrived yesterday, via Purolator, 3 days later.

Excellent service and pricing, they charged HST directly as part of the bill.

Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts