Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today noticed AVR 106.5 is off air and WYRK is back in crystal clear in the GTA even in my car.Hope this is permanent and gives western GTA a country station on FM band again.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like this is only temperary as all Rogers tv stations from FCP are off air too.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
It seems to have returned, but at a reduced power.

They're format is nothing like AVR out of Ottawa...which was actually interesting to listen to.

Cameron

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes AVR is back boo!!!!.What is aboriginal about this station as 90% of the music is the same hit rock and hop as non aboriginal stations.Guess its just excuse to get a licence and block a US signal.I wonder what the CRTC would think if Buffalo launched stations on every Toronto frequency in Buffalo blocking all reception in the niagara region of the Toronto signals.AVR causes intereference to WYRK right upto niagara falls.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
AVR from Ottawa really was at times very interesting to listen to. When I visited during July, I heard this amazing mixture of aboriginal musicians covering a wide range of genera, from rock, to hip-hop, folk, traditional.... It was all there.... No Rolling Stones, no Michael Jackson that we get here.... You'd never know it was AVR until you listened on the weekend with the spoken word programming... As you said, an excuse for a license, and a bad implementation of AVR. There's a truckload of great Canadian music that just doesn't get *out there*. Hmmm.... I wonder what would be said if WYRK upped their digital HD power to 1 megawatt.... :) Now *that* would get someones attention...

Cameron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts