Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello group I wanted to tell you about a new device that's going to solve a lot of problems with combining antennas from different markets. I know some of you live in areas where you can get two, three or four markets easily but you have to use four different antennas and that means you will need to used for different tuners or inputs on your television set. Combining 4 arrays with a 4 way splitter in reverse is not practical. As most of you already know combining the signals usually results in weaker channels being lost and stronger channels being degraded due to co-channel interference and backside antenna reception.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Is there a North American version of this device? It doesn't appear to have F-connectors on it, and it's designed for DVB-T and DVB-T2, not ATSC 1.0 or ATSC 3.0.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a North American version of this device? It doesn't appear to have F-connectors on it, and it's designed for DVB-T and DVB-T2, not ATSC 1.0 or ATSC 3.0.
I am using the North American version. You can't see the F connectors? Let me give you a better picture.

·
Registered
91 Posts
US pricing is similar.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Euro and Americas models are different. The Americas version applying to the Canadian and US markets is the 532180. Different filter width, input options, channelization, etc. The European versions have a SMATV input that's really not useful this side of the pond, which on the Americas version has been replaced by a CATV input for cases when the processed OTA carriers from the Avant are injected in a cable plant. That among other details.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Are there any reviews of the Americas version? I could not find any. This appears to be a great amplifier/filter/combiner but I would need to be convinced to spend close to $500 for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yagi, it just launched so probably not very many out there. Reading your signature, it sounds to me like it could be useful.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The link first provided was to the Euro version
To clarify, all Avant X versions feature F connectors. There are just different versions for different international markets, with different standards, filter bandwidths, channel plans, I/O options, etc.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I added a third antenna to my array but kept it pointed at Milwaukee. Then I took those channels from that Milwaukee spectrum and made an input 3 on my Avant X. I was actually able to watch each Channel I chose twice on the same TV but from a different Channel if that makes sense it was really useful when I was analyzing the new antenna.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well balanced spectrum off of three different feeds. Congrats.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well balanced spectrum off of three different feeds. Congrats.
The possibilities are endless! Talk about greed, I'm thinking about adding a fourth array to my Avant X now that I know how well it works. This tool / device is an enabler for my antenna addiction.

I am planning a antenna shootout this weekend between the HDB91X, 91XG and the Televes DAT BOSS LR...

The winner will go up the tall mast for further testing. Not to say the others wouldn't, but for now I just want to do some off the ladder testing 😉.

·
Registered
394 Posts
$500 sounds like a lot of coin (not sure if that is $US or $CDN), but to put it into perspective that's like 3-4 months of Bell or Shaw. Very interesting device.

·
Registered
17 Posts
$500 sounds like a lot of coin (not sure if that is $US or $CDN), but to put it into perspective that's like 3-4 months of Bell or Shaw. Very interesting device.
The Avant is widely used in commercial applications, but we are seeing more and more interest in single family as a solution to multi direction reception situations

·
Registered
384 Posts
Who sells them in Canada and for how much?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts