Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had Optik for 10 years and keep the Guide trimmed to just my subscribed channels. Somewhere about a year ago Demand channels started to automatically appear in the Guide which I deleted. Now they re-appear on different channel numbers in the Guide overnight whenever I delete them. I have complained and asked to have Demand option removed from my account to get rid of unwanted Guide clutter. I am starting to think I will have to change providers as they still keep coming on PVR and STB! Anyone else experiencing this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, you are right it only takes a couple of minutes but here is the problem. If you clean it up every three days you will get them automatically reappearing on a different empty channel twice per week. Try to beat that and you start thinking about Shaw even though they were so outdated when Optic TV was released years ago. I was wasting hours per month getting rid of clutter until I complained to Telus. I have only had it happen once in the last three weeks after complaining that my only option was to change providers. Microsoft Media Room software is always looking at a new angle but this just gets customers annoyed - I do not know if the marketing technique is unique to Telus or applied to all MS Media Room (renamed Telus Optik TV) providers. I am hoping to stay with Telus as they seem to listen to Customers a lot better than they used to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts