Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my 600 receivers has gone authorization status OC because I had it disconnected for a bit. I have tried several receiver refreshes and it does not refresh. I have tried both online and through the phone. What is wrong here, this should be a simple fix.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I had the same exact problem yesterday, Tried phone refresh and online refresh with no success. Had to talk to a live CSR and she successfully reauthorized it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
twitter

slightly off topic but for all you people complaining about long phone waits, might I suggest Shaw Direct Twitter account. They are there to answer questions but can also help with stuff like programming changes, receiver refreshes, etc. Pretty well almost anything. Best part is they respond to your tweet to them in like less than 5 minutes. Excellent service. I use it all the time. Most recently to cancel my pick/pay 2 pack.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
really? never knew that they had a twitter account. I called after work today and the wait time was down to 22 minutes. Got my issue resolved but will keep the twitter thing in mind for next time this happens.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
The online refresh has not worked for me for some time now. It seems you must call now to get a re-hit.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I always have to call them when I get to my snowbird location. I think they just cancel receivers that are not being used.

·
Registered
8,596 Posts
Online refresh stopped working for me as well. It could be because I'm on a legacy package that is no longer offered. I can't update programming online either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts