Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On August 10, 2010, Shaw will realign the HD channels in all systems.
All HD channels will now be grouped together based on the genre of content featured. With this change customers will be able to conveniently surf through HD channels based on the content they are looking for.
Customers will be able to view similar genre content in a convenient grouping of channels. Shaw will also build in room for growth after each genre so we will not have to make any changes to our HD lineup in the immediate future. (you should notice in nearly every system - spacing before and after the channels themselves for future additions)

You can view the change details on the Shaw website by searching for "CustomerBulletins" and a pdf preview is available based on the area you select as your default.

There will be mass market comminque over the next few weeks too including print, on invoices, IPG banners, emailing all HD customers who have email on file etc.

There are NO new HD channels scheduled to launch during this alignment.

The alignment is only for the HD channels. The date is subject to change but looks like a dead cert for it happening.

If you have any questions, more than happy to help out.

Shaw Employee - Views/opinions are my own and not a reflection of my employer

·
Registered
248 Posts
We'll have to reprogram all our series recordings, correct?
No, you will not have to update your PVR recordings. They will move along with the channels.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Now if only Shaw Cable and Shaw Direct would catch up to other providers in terms of HD channels

Movietime HD
CBC News Network HD
MSNBC HD
WSBK HD
KTLA HD
WPIX HD
MFun! HD (East only)
MXS HD (East Only)
MPix HD (East Only)
Raptors TV HD
CBC College Sports HD
Bold HD
Turner Classic Movies HD

It's funny how Shaw re-aligns their channel lineup more then any other provider, yet has the least amount of channels. I supose it's a good marketing ploy to give the illusion of big changes.

·
Registered
80 Posts
In looking at the Saskatoon Channel realignment I noticed that there are a number of gaps - usually about two channels each. Is this so that people don't stray from their "comfort zones" or is there hope that those gaps will be filled sooner or later (sooner rather than later I hope) with new stations. I'd love to see CBS College Sports Network, which Bell and Rogers have added (and if it happened to replace the Big Ten Network I wouldn't shed any tears, but that's a personal bias).

·
Registered
59 Posts
What's interesting is that here in Victoria, the channel realignment channels will go up from highest channel number being 238 (CNN HD) will now go up to number 246 (Super Channel HD 2).

This seems to imply that 8 more HD channels will be added?
Hopefully sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Vancouver, Squamish, Whistler, Pemberton, Victoria, Bowen Island, Chilliwack, Kamloops [and areas] HD channels will now range from 211 to 246. Currently, 175 to 198 are Multicultural channels (For Vancouver and area), so I wonder what will replace channels 199 to 210?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Channels 199-210 will stay where the are right now. They are not moving anywhere.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Channel 199 (Global HD) is moving to 211.
Even with channels 200-210 staying, what's filling in the 8 extra channel spaces created with the realignment?

·
Banned
1,318 Posts
Surprisingly Shaw is actually doing something that makes sense for a change by bundling their channel packages together. Now if they would only do something with the rest of the lineup...like put all the digital basic channels together so that people don't have to scroll through the guide looking for all of them.

·
Registered
365 Posts
for example this is what is happening in my area:

Winnipeg HD Channel Changes*
HD BASIC CHANELS FROM TO
The Frame HD 230 212
CNN HD 238 215
HD PLUS CHANELS FROM TO
HD Sports Channels FROM TO
Sportsnet - West HD 211 218
TSN HD 212 219
TSN 2 HD 213 220
Big Ten HD 223 221
Score HD 232 222
The Golf Channel HD 224 223
Speed HD 219 224
HD EDUCATION Channels FROM TO
National Geographic HD 214 227
Discovery HD 215 228
History HD 231 229
Oasis HD 237 230
HD Entertainment Channels FROM TO
A&E HD 216 233
Showcase HD 217 234
HDNet 218 235
TLC HD 220 236
Encore HD 221 237
WGN HD 222 238
AMC HD 225 239
HD MOVIE Channels FROM TO
HBO Canada HD 226 243
Movie Central HD 2 227 244
Super Channel HD 1 228 245
Super Channel HD 2 229 246

·
Registered
441 Posts
Is OMNI BC-DT/HD broadcasting in HD yet? They only have a few shows
that actually broadcast in HD. I think only CFMT-DT/HD (OMNI 1 in Toronto) does.

10:00am The Price Is Right
7:00pm, 7:30pm Two and a half men (repeats)
11:35pm - David Letterman

·
Registered
79 Posts
Seriously, what is the point of even having OMNI in the HD line up?? I personally don't know of any content on that channel that is even worth watching and its nothing you can't get on other channels and not to mention there is almost no HD content what so ever.... Such a waste.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts