Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share my experience/frustration with the Gateway/Portal system for others and to push Shaw for a new portal if this happens to you. I have been for over a year now dealing with the same random audio dropout issues with the first generation Gateway/Portal system that others have experienced. The portal is connected to a receiver and not directly to the TV even thought the latter is all Shaw will support. For over a year now Shaw has continued to blame a bad receiver/cable for my random audio drop outs and have sent techs out numerous times to redo all the connections with no resolution. I had pointed out numerous times that no other electronic device that have I have connected to my receiver have this problem and the response was always it must be your receiver. After replacing cables/switching HDMI ports doing as much research as I could I came to the conclusion that it was the portal that was the problem. This weekend I went out and bought a new portal and had it activated on my account. So far I have had not one audio drop out issue since the replacement. I plan on leaving it this way for a few weeks to confirm that there is no longer a problem and if so I will be calling Shaw and opening a grievance with them since the problem clearly was their supported equipment.

If anybody is having issues still with sound dropouts on the older Gateway/Portal system push Shaw to replace your portal and don't accept the standard excuses from them.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts