Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last month so, the audio constantly drops out. I'm watching TSN HD right now and sometimes it drops 5 times in a row. I've reset the PVR, changed cables, flipped the cable and nothing seems to fix it.

The audio doesn't match the video most of the time (HD channels). Sometimes the show is right, but the commercials are off. I adjust the delay in the receiver to correct the problem, but then some channels (SD channels) I have to adjust it back.

Equipment is listed on the side. Everything is connected by HDMI. Any ideas on the problem?

·
Registered
757 Posts
Which box is this at? If it's on a 1200 (the smaller box) there's a chance the connection to the gateway might have issues that don't rear their head until watching and HD feed. Just a guess though. It could be a low quality coax cable, bad cable end, wrong type of splitter, etc.

Have you called tech support yet?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's on the 1216 box. All boxes are fed with cat 5e. I wanted to see what you guys thought first, as I've tried the normal resetting, checking cables already. I'll call tech support.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Had/Have the same problem, Mav. Audio drop-outs picked up recently, better on some channels, really bad on others. The baseball playoffs on FoxHD were the worst. Got a tip here on the forum to pause your live TV for 3 seconds when this happens, and for some crazy reason, it seems to do the trick. Give it a shot.

As for your lip sync issue, I get that too! It seems to come and go. It was pretty bad a few months ago, then it just sort of worked itself out. Or maybe I'm just getting used to it. My husband never notices it now, but I still catch it from time to time. I think it's a receiver thing, processing power, maybe. I also run optical audio, so maybe that has something to do with it, as well. The show that was the worst was The Big Bang on the U.S. HD channel. (Forget the network.) On CTV, it was fine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try the pause and see if that works. I saw that in the CBC thread. The video delay has gotten better lately, it's just annoying to switch the delay on my receiver all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts