Canadian TV, Computing and Home Theatre Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone listen to audiobooks on your iPod, and how much space do they take? (If you could equate an average size book to the equivalent in number of songs, that would be great! :p )

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Thats a very open ended question.

I have two audiobooks on my ipod, both from Audible.com (a great site if you are into audiobooks).

They let you download songs in different quality settings which will impact the size of the file. It also depends on the length of the book.

For example, one of the books I have is "A short history of nearly everything," by Bill Bryson (unabridged). The book is separated into 3 files each 6 hours in duration (wow!). These files are about 45 MB each. Therefore, the one book is ~140 MB of space which equates to about 35 songs with average file size of 4 MB.

The nice thing here is that if you have a mini and want to conserve space, simply carry with you only one portion of the book.

If you are into audio books I highly recommend checking out Audible.com.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I had the Da Vinci code on my ipod.....completely unabridged, and I think it was around 500MB. Roughly 25hours, I think.

Pretty good way to pass the drive from San Diego to Vancouver :)

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
My father in law is legally considered blind, he has the eye degeneration disorder , older people get, so he bought a player from the CNIB and listens to his audio books
He was told that the only player which would play these Audio books (some of them are 13 hours long), was sold by the CNIB,

i tried the audio disks in my Pioneer 578a dvda/sacd player and they all played , I was even surprised, he paid alot more for his Daisy player than i did for my Pioneer 578a

1 - 5 of 5 Posts